cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out put is visible in SOST but not reached customer....pblm in basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis team,

I am an SD consultant recently faced an unusual issue..we have delivery confirmations or invoices sent through different mediums .The issue here is , out put is triggered and is shown successful in header of invoice and also the same record is found in SOST t-code, which means it is out from SAP.i have checked configuration and its perfectly o.k .Now i want to dig a bit deeper, like

The process it follows once it is out of SAP and how to find where the problem is

guide me in a step to step manner on this..

i am assigned to know the whole process ...

Thanks in advance team.

Regards,

Dinu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks every one for your helpful answers.. Please detail me the procedure how exactly the mail /fax flows ..like which server it gets connects to and from where it sends the mail or fax..a detailed flow would be very help full for me explaining the same to the business...

I dont have a clear idea on what SMTP server is and all stuff ..if you can elobarate and explain me the whole flow that would be of a great help... and also suggest few sites where i can get more detailed info on this...

Regards,

Dinu..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinu,

Juan already suggested, what I also mentioned in my previous post,in order to complete your mail configuration, IP address of the SAP System is to be communicated in the SMTP relay agent. So, please ask your SMTP mail admininstrator to add the SAP server IP address in the relay agent.

For more understanding, please find the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinu,

Juan and Sujit have said it all. Please let me to add few points to it, for your understanding, from a simple stand-point:

1. First the job for sending mail is triggered. (In most SAP servers it runs periodically).

2. It collects all the outbound emails to be sent out of SAP server.

3. Then checks the domain where it needs to deliver the mails to...for example, abcd.com (say).

4. Then it checks the email ID in that domain and dispatches that mail at the domain and returns SUCCESS confirmation.

5. Now it is that domains duty to deliver the mail to that ID where it was destined to be sent.

Once happened in my case that the Outlook was not accepting mails from SAP server and my Firewall was also blocking them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all....almost configuration part is done ...

Can i please know the basic architecture of the whole process (both inbound and out bound)...as i need to prepare a pictorial representation for the same..

.i am basically confused between ports, TCP/IP, web application servers, SAP servers,nodes, SAPCONNECT, SMTP ports, SAP SCRIPTS etc.. how all these are interlinked and sends the messages from sap ....pls also mention in which t-codes we can find what???

also can i know is the process differs if client wants to receive messages in web express and/or to SBWP??

kindly excuse for too many questions ..

Pls explain the whole thing in a layman language....as i am not familiar with these terminology..

Thanks in advance

Edited by: DINAKAR_123 on Apr 9, 2011 6:59 PM

Edited by: DINAKAR_123 on Apr 9, 2011 7:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinu,

The overall architechture cannot be explained in a Layman Language, because there are lots of similar terms(with which you are not fimiliar with). But for your reference please follow this link to find the overview of it:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/ru/2b/d925fe4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/content.htm

Anyways, as far as some of the terms are concerned I can give a short description:

1. TCP/IP-- These are Network Protocols. A network communication abides by these protocol's specification. For details refer a Networking guide.

2. Ports-- They are the points on a server/computer/network which are used by the network to communicate with any IP. Details are there in a Networking Guide.

3. SAPConnect-- SAPConnect is a job that is triggered in order to send and receive emails or notifications from SAP. They are used for all specific communication by the SAP.

TrANSACTIONS: The two important transactions are SCOT, SOST and SICF. To monitor SAPConnect Job we use SM37.

For details please refer to any BASIS PROFESSIONAL at your end.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the mail is marked as sent from SAP means it was delivered to your SMTP server, you need to talk to your Mail team to check the reason why the mail was not delivered.

Is this happening with a particular recipient or is a general issue?.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And if his server runs under Windows, he has to check the antivirus settings. Most of antiviruses fight SPAM and prevent to send mails. With our SAP Windows servers we have to explicitely authorize the process icman.exe to send mails...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinu,

First of all, please let us know what is the error you are receiving to the respective output (there should be one status code in SOST).

If you are sure the configuration is not correct, then these are the steps to verify:

1. Please check what is the default domain you have mentioned. SCOT--> Settings->Default domain.

Here you have to maintain the domain name properly. It should be like xyz.local.

2. Please check SMTP configuration: Double clicking on SMTP node you should check Mail host is proper

and also mail Port should be 25.

3. Under "Supported address Types" option "Internet" should be checked. Go to respective Set button

Here in Address area try giving * or specific to the address you will be sending mail.

4. Check if you have scheduled the "Send Jobs". Its in "Settings -->Send Jobs". You can schedule the job for

"All Address Type" and schedule the job with proper user.

5. For testing you can use tcode: SBWP. From there you can send test mail to the desired address

(check your organization policies before sending mail to external mail ID).

While triggering "New Message" from SBWP, please select recipient type as "Internet Address".

6. To check the status go to tcode: SOST and check if it is delivered. You can try reprocessing once more.

But before all these things you have to ensure that your server IP is included in SMTP server. You can check with

any OS administrator about this.

Regards,

Sujit.