cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHECK STORAGE LOCATION ERROR IN RETURN ORDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is facing problems in creating return order.

In returns orderwith out reference, he is putting sold to partty, return reason, material, quantity.

He in entering plant and storage location manually.In customizing, I've checked the storage locations assigned to the plant 1000

The storage locations are 1101,1121,1111,1141.

When He is entering storage locations 1101 or 1121, there is no error.

But when he is entering 1111, 1141 for the same plant, the system is showing error "check storage location"

I just want to know what should be the reason behind this and if it can be rectified, then how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But when he is entering 1111, 1141 for the same 
  plant,  the system is showing error

Has the above storage locations maintained in OVL3 ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OVL3, none of the storage location has been maintained as the client doesn't want to get the storage location determined automatically. He wants to enter the same manually.

Therefore In OVL3, all the fields are blank and no storage location has been maintained.

Regards,

Pavi Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

well i cant say exactly without seeing the problem but you should check that whether storage location is assigned to plant or not , for that either you can use spro or use t-code ox09 to find it and if you maintain warehouse than it should be maintained also there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Can you be more clear on your question.

What is the error message you are getting and why do you want to create the returns without reference?

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client wants to create return order with out reference. And he wants to enter the plant and the respective storage location manually.

The storage locations which are allowed are coming in the F4 list and when he is selecting 1111 or 1141, the error is appearing " check storage location" where as in the rest of the storage locations, the order is getting saved with out errors.

He wants to enter the above said storage locations also but since the system is showing error, he is not able to do the same.

I just want to know the reason behind the same and if it can be rectified, then how...

Regards,

Pavi Ranjan

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the material has been extended to that storage location. If not, extend using t.code MMSC.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've checked in the system... Both the storage locations are assigned to the plant which we are using. Moreover the required storage locations are maintained in the material master.