Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict User to access/fetch data in back date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As financial year is about to close, one of my clients has requirement that for all t-codes, user must be having restriction to access or fetch the data in back date or till 31st March, he won't be able to access it. So my ques is can we do it at authorization level or from basis end.?

If no, then how it would be possible?

But they want only 3 users out of all should have access.

Guida me for the same.

Regards

Disha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per standard behaviour of the system you wount be able to achieve what you are looking for .

As the system does not allow user to be restricted based on period for reports .

You can check for either BADI or exits / Enhancement points for restricting but that too based on which t codes you want to restrict . It would be T code based like you identify the T codes and accordingly make the enhancements .

Cheers ,

Dewang

2 REPLIES 2

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per standard behaviour of the system you wount be able to achieve what you are looking for .

As the system does not allow user to be restricted based on period for reports .

You can check for either BADI or exits / Enhancement points for restricting but that too based on which t codes you want to restrict . It would be T code based like you identify the T codes and accordingly make the enhancements .

Cheers ,

Dewang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP provide lots of tools to do the job. The most common examples I have seen used are:

FI: OB52

CO: OKP1

MM: MMPV

Your functional consultants will be able to advise on this so ask them for their input.