cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Document format for BAPI and RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to understand what is the standard formats of XML Document for BAPI and RFC. These XMLs can be directly consumed by XI.

For example below is for BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL if RFC xml format is used i.e compliance with namespace "urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

- <BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL xmlns="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

<CUSTOMERNO xmlns="">0000000001</CUSTOMERNO>

<PI_DISTR_CHAN xmlns="">01</PI_DISTR_CHAN>

<PI_DIVISION xmlns="">01</PI_DIVISION>

<PI_SALESORG xmlns="">001</PI_SALESORG>

</BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL>

and same bapi xml if BAPI xml format is used i.e in compliance with namespace "urn:sap-com:document:sap:business"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

- <Customer.GetDetail CustomerNo="0000000001" xmlns="urn:sap-com:document:sap:business">

<PiSalesorg xmlns="">001</PiSalesorg>

<DistributionChannel xmlns="">01</DistributionChannel>

<Division xmlns="">01</Division>

</Customer.GetDetail>

I want to know where is official documentation on this which defines above namespace and xml format correctly.

Edited by: Swamy M S on Apr 1, 2011 12:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you donu2019t want to use RFC and want to use XML format instead of RFC or BAPI then you can create WSDL from that RFC or BAPI and use it in your interface development.

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhupesh for your reply.

I dont have wsdl available right now.

My main concern is about BAPI where key fields are treated as xml attributes instead of xml elements.

So, wanted to know is there any document which describes schema generation standards for external application for BAPI and RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy M S

you can generate WSDL through PI only..

about your query:

you can create the data types and can take particular field as attribute instead of normal element and build your data type which will be similar to your RFC and BAPI..

but I am not able to understand.. why you need that you can import RFC or BAPI and use it.. if you want to create WSDL generate WSDL thri PI and share with your sender or receiver system and use it in mapping map field directly..and thatu2019s it..

explain your scenario and need of the schema generation.

generate WSDL by using RFC or BAPI and provide it to external application

Thanks,

Bhupesh