cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB 7.8 error upgrading from EHP4 to EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm upgrading ECC600 from EHP4 to EHP5 (ramp-up release) in a Maxdb 7.8 and Linux Suse 11 environment.

The source release have an 7.01 kernel.

With sapehpi, in the phase PREP_INTEGRATION/TABSPC_PREP, I have an error in GDBSSHD.LOG file:

TPERR- error in dbdd_get_size: 2

TPERR- msg: POS(60) Unknown column name:OWNER

Accordingly with notes 1142632 and 1447663, I installed the new 7.01 kernel (version 117) without changes.

I copied also the new dbsdbslib.so file in the installation directory, but there are no changes.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All three files (in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run, in <upg_dir>/exe and in <upg_dir>/exenew) are property of sidadm, group sapsys and permissions 755.

Thanks

Franco

Edited by: Franco Bettini on Apr 14, 2011 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatelly, after the correction, I try to restart the SAPehpi and in the PREP_INTEGRATION/TABSPC_PREP phase I had another similar error; in the TABSPCP.LOG file there are this message:

4EETQ399 Execution of 'tp getdbobjsize' failed, rc=1

In the file TP.ECO the error is:

TRACE-INFO: 1: [dev trc ,00000] Thu Apr 14 09:59:00 2011 1789 0.001789

TRACE-INFO: 2: [dlux.c ,00000] *** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - dlopen("/sapdb/DVDEHP5/EHPI/abap/exe/dbsdbslib.so") FAILED

TRACE-INFO: 3: "/sapdb/DVDEHP5/EHPI/abap/exe/dbsdbslib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

TRACE-INFO: 4: 34 0.001823

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 0

ERRORS: Highest tp internal error was: 0249

tp finished with return code: 249

meaning:

connect failed due to DbSL load lib failure

I try the R3trans -d command but in the trans.log file there is the message:

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] Loading DB library '/usr/sap/IBS/SYS/exe/run/dbsdbslib.so' ... 118 0.000702

4 ETW000 [dlux.c ,00000] *** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - dlopen("/usr/sap/IBS/SYS/exe/run/dbsdbslib.so") FAILED

4 ETW000 "/usr/sap/IBS/SYS/exe/run/dbsdbslib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

4 ETW000 272 0.000974

4 ETW000 [dbcon.c ,00000] *** ERROR => Couldn't load library '/usr/sap/IBS/SYS/exe/run/dbsdbslib.so'

of course the file exists and I copied the same that are in exe and exenew directory.

Any suggestions?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] Loading DB library '/usr/sap/IBS/SYS/exe/run/dbsdbslib.so' ... 118 0.000702

> 4 ETW000 [dlux.c ,00000] *** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - dlopen("/usr/sap/IBS/SYS/exe/run/dbsdbslib.so") FAILED

Check that the user <sid>adm is permitted to open/read the file. That error may happen if you copied the file as "root".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kundrats.

Your indication solve the problem.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've got the same problem yesterday by upgrading to EHP4.

Our Solution was just to copy the newer version of dbsdbslib from upgrade_directory.../exenew to upgrade_directory.../exe.

It seems like the SAPup didn't take the newer library version from .../exenew but still use the older one from .../exe.

Actually we have awated this action to be done automatically as per Note 1142632 - Enhancements for Enhancement Package installer: MaxDB but it didn't work this way.

"4. A current SAP kernel that contains at least the MaxDB DBSL (dbsdbslib) patch levels specified in Note 1447663 must be provided by the Download Directory.

Otherwise, a termination occurs in phase PREP_INTEGRATION/TABSPC_PREP with the error:

TPERR- error in dbdd_get_size:

TPERR- msg: POS(60) Unknown column name:OWNER."

Regards

V.Kundrats

Edited by: BSKH SAPBasis on Apr 10, 2011 10:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kundrats!

your trick has solved same issue in my upgrade also.

BR,

Roshan

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Franco,

please create a SAP customer message on BC-UPG for this as I belive the upgrade colleagues will have to investigate this.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already installed that software, without results.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you exchange the SDBCHK files of section

Update the SDBDBCHK files

Note 1142632 - Enhancements for Enhancement Package installer: MaxDB

Markus