cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the integrated ITS server in WAS6.40 for WEBGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am testing the Portal 6.0SP6 on WAS6.40SP7.

Using User Mapping, I am able to connect and call some transaction to R/3 System (4.6c) and the ITS servers for the R/3 system. If I am going to use webgui to call a transaction, do I need the ITS server at all? The reason I asked because I thought WAS6.40 came with an embedded ITS server.

If I can make use of the integrated ITS server, how do I configure the system connection?

Thanks,

Edmond wong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edmond,

if you want to connect to your 4.6C with webgui, you'll need to set up a separate ITS for this one. The integrated ITS in 6.40 can only be used for the local ABAP stack.

Regards,

Dominik

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

So, there is no way to access a 4.7 with an integrated ITS ?

Should I understand that the integrated ITS is used only for WAS (NW04) ?

Thanks for your help, 😃

Diego

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Actually though if you have a standalone WebAS you can do this.

I have a standalone WebAS on 640 with the Integrated ITS setup. I have a separate R/3 (46C). I setup my WebGui on 640 to start with a custom transaction. This transaction does an RFC call to the R/3 system. This RFC on the R/3 side then just does a call transaction. If you want to show the main menu on the R/3 you just do a call transaction to SMEN.

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use the WAS 6.40 on a BW 3.5 system to access an R/3 4.72 system (which doesn't come with the integrated WAS 6.40)?

Murray Lahn

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can use the same process I described in the previous post. Instead of the standalone WebAS, you would be using your BW 3.5 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

just to make sure, you are promoting a technique, which SAP does not recommend nor supports any problems which might occur in such a system setup.

The intgrated ITS with SAP Web AS 6.40 will only be supported for the ABAP system (and its applications) it belongs to.

Regards,

Antje

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you saying that doing an RFC call is from an ITS transaction isn't supported? I understand that the scope of the integrate ITS is supposed to be just the local system that it is running on, however distributed applications that call parts and pieces from different systems in a landscape are a reality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, doing an RFC call from a transaction is supported, if the application needs this (distributed systems) and this RFC call would also be necessary when you use another GUI (e.g. SAP GUI for Windows).

But we do not support to put SAP Web AS with integrated ITS in front of older systems (e.g. 4.6C) just for tunneling HTTP requests. Standalone ITS was and still is the (tested) solution for these kind of scenarios.

Regards,

Antje

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the past posts, but I am still not clear... We are implementing mySAP ERP 2004. This will include ECC 5.0 and EP 6.2.

We currently have R/3 4.6C and EP5.5. From EP 5.5 I have users executing R/3 transactions directly from EP using the standard Master iView. This traffic goes via the ITS virtual instance for the R/3 system.

I am trying to decide if I need to setup a separate ITS to continue to do what we do now OR if the direct call of a transaction from EP6.2 using the SAP supplied Master iView can be accomplished using the Internal ITS on ECC 5.0. We do not have the DEV systems set up so I cannot test.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Rich

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Edmond, SAP Library has a nice article on "Installation and Activation" of the integrated ITS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/2e6a52c3cdc44d83169b181a9c62ba/frameset.htm

Have a look...enjoy.

Edgar

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WAS6.4 ABAP engine comes with integrated ITS.

Integrated ITS can only handle WEBGUI. (no WebRFC support).

To use integrated ITS, in the system definition in portal you need to define the WAS settings and ITS settings.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is that integrated ITS sits on ABAP stack in WAS 6.4, not J2EE engine. When I install EP6 SP7, it says in the installation guide that "Use the SAP Web AS Java system (system with the J2EE engine only) and not the SAP Web AS ABAP+Java System)." So our EP6 is intalled on Web As J2EE system only.

here is something about migrating integrated ITS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/8a424089ff2571e10000000a155106/frameset.htm