cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog( OCI Mapping Issue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is regarding an issue with OCI Mapping.

In our catalog Search ui, I don't want (External Manufacturer & Manufacturer Part Number) fields at my catalog, So in OCI mapping I have unmapped

NEW_ITEM-MANUFACTCODE -->External Manufacturer-External Manufacturer Name

NEW_ITEM-MANUFACTMAT --> Manufacturer Part Number

and I have saved this configuration settings.

when i login to my Catalgo Search UI and i have selected two records and clicked on compare button, in the compare screen i can able to still see this two fields and also data for this fields which is getting from MDM.

Even though i main this two fields(External Manufacturer & Manufacturer Part Number) at Compare View, but i have not maintained mapping(Unmapped) between this two fields at OCI mapping level

Why this field are getting Data from MDM?

Even i maintain this fields at compare view, it has to show fields with empty value, but not, why?

Any help or suggestions will be rewarded in points

Thanks

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OCI is a standard interface for communication catalogs with other business apps.

read this for all the info you need about OCI

www.attsuppliers.com/downloads/OCI_40_EN20030611.pdf

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i said before , remove the fields from compare view also - and they will vanish

OCI is for mapping values from MDM to calling app. NOT for what is shown on the catalog UI

ok ?? and plz post suitable points !

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input,

I did unmapping between OCI fields and MDM fields at OCI Mapping and but i have selected unmapped fields at all Views.

Now when i login and checked at my catalog side, i can able to see the data for that fields, which i have unmapped at OCI Mapping.

My question is :

1) Why this fields are getting values , when i Unmapped at OCI mapping Level?

2) If this fields are getting values at catalog irrespective of mapping/unmapping at OCI Mapping level, then what is the actual use of OCI mapping?

3) where exactly adding of Custom fields at OCI side is helpful?

Your solution will be rewarded in points

Thanks

Bharat

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barat.

There are some default fields available in the Catalog, in which even though you unmap the destination fields for it, It will pick the same value for it. The reason is these fields can't be mapped to unknown or custom specific fields. Thats the reason you are getting to see values for the unmapped fields always.

There are 5 custom specific fields provided with mapping, if there are any custom specific field values which has to be transferred to SRM, then you can make use of it.

Refer OCI Documentation for the list of mandatory fields

Regards

Bala

Edited by: chandar_sap on Apr 6, 2011 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will try with your suggestions and let you..

Thanks

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

oci mapping has nothing to do with fields shown in Catalog UI

instead go to views : compare view etc and remove those 2 fields from the right hand table and save

this should work !!!

put the OCI settings back to what they were and dont mess with them in the future !

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

I can able to do it, by un selecting those two fields from selected UI list to available fields list, when i did it is working fine.

My question is, even when i un map this two fields at OCI mapping, why this fields are showing values at compare view?

Thanks

Bharat