cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Java : IView application parameters are lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Web Dynpro experts.

Have a big problem. Lets say I have IView which runs WD Java application with two views linked via plug. And I have application parameters assigned on that IView in Portal Layout. Both views (initial and second, after navigation via plug) use these application parameters. Everything works good on dev systems.

But on couple of systems application parameters are empty for second WD View (after navigating to it from first via plug). Could it be some configuration issue? Any help is much appreciated.

p.s. Reproduced on Netweaver 2004s SP 18, 22

p.p.s. Some finding: for dev system I have a list or parameters in URL, e.g.:

http://host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/MyApp;jsessionid=(J2EE123123)ID123123End?some-system-param=som...;myAppParam=myCustomValue

For system with this error url doesnt contain these parameters. Could it be related to my issue?

Thanks in advance, Mikhail

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

This application iView, is it created the same way on those systems, i.e. you have exported the iView from your dev and imported the pkg file on your target systems?

The only reason I could explain this behavior, is if there is a mismatch in iView creation on your systems.

If the iView is created by hand on those systems, and you inadvertently chose 'Web Dynpro iViews per selected application views' instead of 'Web Dynpro iView per selected application' under 'iView Type', then I can explain the missing application parameters.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/EN/62/b3dc4281de2878e10000000a155106/frameset.htm for more info in the two iView Types

Best regards,

Robin van het Hof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Robin.

I'll check the info you recommended. I used export/import mechanism for Portal Layout, it was created on dev system. Still open ..

Mikhail

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<deleted>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Just for your information. System was upgraded from SP18 to SP22(I was wrong saying that issue is reproduced there) and it resolves the issue. I am closing the thread ..

Thanks, Mikhail