cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Adapter not picking up file.

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running PI 7.10 with a central and de-central adapter. The PI server is deployed on two application servers. I have a file sender adapter deployed and it was operational on the Central Adapter engine. The sender file adapter is configured to do file content conversion and the transport protocol is "File System (NFS). PI is deployed on a Windows Server and the files system it connects to, to collect the files is on a Unix files system that is connected via a Samba Share.

The file channel just stopped picking up files.

When I however change the adapter engine to the de-central adapter then the channel is operational once more. I have other file sender channels deployed exactly the same way on the central adapter engine that is polling in the same Samba share folder on the UNIX side for other file masks and are still fully operational.

What I have encounter in the problematic channel is that when channel monitoring the channel when the channel is deployed on the central adapter the log in channel monitoring does not follow the typical process as below of "Processing started", "Polling interval started..." and the Processing finished successfully".

- Processing started

- Polling interval started. Length: 1.0 seconds

- Processing finished successfully

- Processing started

- Processing finished successfully

What I see instead is that the there is no indication of "Processing started" and "Processing finished successfully ":

Can someone please shed some light as to the issue at hand here.

You assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Willie Hugo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably FTP server doesn't understand wild characters, I'm facing same problem now.

Try ask basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

your communication channel might be locked and which needs to be unlocked. thatu2019s why it is showing polling but not actually picking any file..

in your case also it might be the same case try to check that there is no communication channel locked. you may need to contact basis or PI administrator..

if any lock .. remove the lock then stop and start your communication channel and it should work properly..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member342243
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing same problem and So far we have did below thing -

1. Restarted the File sender channel.
  2. Made Dummy changes in the file channel and again restarted it.
  3. Restarted the File adapter and then restarted the File sender channel
  4. Cleared the lock entries and then restarted the File sender channel

But none of these help us.

Could anyone please help in this.

Thank You.

-Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willie,

I remember something from past and famous as "Stale connection" where an operational communication channel doesn't pick up a file instead of showing healthy as green.

One of the following tricks might work:

1. Start and stop the comm channel from comm channel monitoring.

2. Check the SAMBA shared link. The hard link to the actual unix directory might have gone amiss, while the softlink still persists.

3. Check if the communication channel has locked itself and then you should remove the lock.

3. Last resort, delete and recreate the comm channel and that's a must cure!

Regards,

Suddha

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Use the Channel GID in Integration Directory to unlock in NWA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Willie Hugo

one more thing make sure if you have wild char in File name then it is working properly..

few realted problems:

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willie Hugo

Make sure that you have configured the file name in right format. and make sure you have file with data in target Dir.

this happens even if something is wrong with File name configuration compair to actual file name.

if you are using Dynamic configuration for file name and Directory make sure your variable substitute is working as expected.

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you stop-start channel in RWB channel monitoring, problem persist?