cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate SAP TM6.0 with a Share Point Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where a Share Point portal and SAP TM system needs to talk to each other. I have SAP PI7.0 in my landscape to act as an integration broker.

My question is:

1.) Is there a direct way of communication possible between share point and TM? If yes, then how.

2.) If i have PI as the only option, what communication type (protocol) will i use for this.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anshul,

Firstly you should look for the standard content for SAP TM ftom SAP. Even if it cant be directly used in your case, you can follow it to create your custom interface.

For SAP TM side: you can check if there are standard idoc's else you can go for ABAP Proxies/WS

For Sharepoint side: you can use the webservices or Db...just look for some blogs on SDN...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have web service communication between SAP TM and sharpoint. You dont require SAP PI for this but it will be advised to use SAP PI as it will be helpful for monitoring.

Regards,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

Thanks for replying!! I need some more information on this.

1.) If for eg. if i am sending some data from Portal to SAP TM, in this case who will be the service provider and who will be the consumer? In what ways can i expose services from SAP TM system?

2.) If i am using PI to integrate what will be the type of adapter used to connect to SAP TM system. Will it be an IDOC adapter or a Proxy?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you are sending data from portal to TM then SAP TM will be service provider and portal will be consumer. Craete ABAP web service in SAP TM and generate wsdl using SOA manager and gie wsdl to portal to generate soap client.

2. If standard idoc is available and if it is asynchronus scenario , use idoc adapter but if there is no standard content available use proxies.

If you have PI 7.1,

You may also try ws adapter which uses ws runtime for this communication. It will like point to point communication but you will be able to monitor in PI.

Please check this link:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ce28613a8e5430e10000000a42189b/content.htm]

check the section of direct communication here.

Regards,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

Thanks for your inputs. I will try to do as suggested by you.

Warm Regards,

Anshul