cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Types (Exclusive)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i have a customer who is extended to 2 sales area 1000/10 Domestic & 1000/30 Deemed Export.

If i am selling to the custoemr in 1000/10 he should be charged VAT 5 % and if i am selling in 1000/30 he should be charged CST 0 %

Tax conditions are maintained at Company Level and not at Sales Area Level.

If i maintain both condition types in Customer Master and maintain records for it in VK11 and if i am preparing Sales Order in 1000/10, it shows both VAT & CST since i have maintained condition recoerds for both condition types.

Similarly if i am preparing Sales Order in 1000/30 it will show both CST & VAT since condition records have been maintained.

If i maintain only one condition type in master say VAT , then while preparing Sales Order in 1000/30 it will not detemine CST...

Regards

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to Sales Order Change mode, LIne Item Details, Billing Tab.

In this Line Item - Billing Tab, you will find Tax Classification Boxes. There would be '0' or '1' or other digit in these boxes. Here one Box would be for CST & other Box would be for VAT.

Now, say you dont need CST in a particular Sales Order, remove the digit in the required Box of CST (i mean make it blank) & you will see that CST is not visible in Pricing Conditions. DO the same thing if you dont need VAT.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh

currently we are doing the same , we are changing the same in order.

But sometimes the user who is entering the order ofrgets to do the same and then we have to cancel the invoice....

So is there anyway i can determine on the basis of "Sales Area"...

Regards

Sanjeev

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Sanjeev,

You can do the same.

Insert Distribution Channel as one of the selection creteria in your Pricing Condition Tables.

Subsequently in VK11 for 10 (Domestic you will maintain only VAT) & for 30 (Deemed Export) you will Maintain only CST.

Hope this clarify.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have already nserted Distribution channel in Condition table for both Condition Types JCST & JLST , but here the issue is since in the customer master we have maintained both CST & VAT, it redetermines both cst and vat and shows in sales orders

Edited by: skbagaria1977 on Apr 1, 2011 11:53 AM

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

You have posted two questions in two posts:

Question 1. In Customer Master you have to definie all the Taxes possible in the Country of Customer. That does not mean that in the Sales Order all the Taxes will appear.

Both JCST & JLST cannot determined in Sales Order. Because you have clearly mentioned in your first queston that for 1000/10 you want JLST (VAT) & for 1000/30 you want JCST (CST).

Now every Sales Order can either belong to 1000/10 or 1000/30. Thus if you have Distribution Channel as one of the Selection Criteria, then system will determine either JLST (for 10) or JCST (for 30) but not both.

Question 2. If some time the Customer buys Material with C form & somtime without C form then you have no option but to Maintain Both (2% & 5%) Condition Records & change the Tax Classification boxes in the Sales Order as the case may be...

Hope this clarifies...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process what you had indicated is wrong. You should be aware that tax will always be determined based on delivering plant region and ship to party region. This being the case, the same ship to party code CANNOT have two tax classifications.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

If the condition type is maintianed as JCST only then how can we do in this scenario :

Sometimes the custoemer takes material under form c and sometimes it doesnt take under form c, if it takes under form c 2 % will be charged else 5 %