cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding BPM's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i designed a BPM to collect 3 different file strcutures and based on a "Id" field i need to merge the three files..

i used fork to collect the three files and a switch to send the files to mapping based on condition..

My doubt here is will Switch step process only one condition(true) in a workflow..

Coz out of 3 files 2 files are of one ID and they are merged but the 3rd file although its collected it didnt produce any file..

What is going wrong

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

It is good for you to go with the standard BPM patterns for this requirement.

Refer the following blogs:

/people/sharathchandra.girmaji/blog/2008/09/11/bpm-with-patterns-explained-part-1

/people/sharathchandra.girmaji/blog/2008/09/11/bpm-with-patterns-explained-part-2

Also, I would suggest you not use the transformation step in BPM for complex/heavy mappings..rather you just collect the messages in BPM,,make a big message and do the mapping outside.

Let us know if you face any problem.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look out for Standard BPM - Collect Message Pattern of SAP Basis .

Go to SAP BAsis component in SWCV, Namespace will be Patterns, and Inside that You will see BPMCollectPattern. Under Integration process you can see the Standard Collect Pattern BPMs. Use it directly or create one like that.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Collecting 5 different file structures will this BPM collect pattern workout?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All the patterns are there to provide you a framework for your development.

If the collect is for three messages, you can easily edit it for accepting five different messages or less.

It is always best practice to use these already SAP delivered patterns.

Souvik

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use this pattern collect n number of messages. I used it for more than 20 messages with conjunction of 2 BPM patterns. CollectMessagetOnID and CollectMessageonTime. What both do is, 1 collect message depending upon the co-relation on ID and second waits for 5 minute to for message to come.

So lets say, if i have 10 messages,then i was not suppose to create 10 forks, my message in Loop wait for messages and appends it into one. and last send will send message to receiver.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Edited by: Aashish Sinha on Apr 1, 2011 8:40 AM