cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document not getting released to accounting - pricing error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is facing problem in posting the billing document to accounting. Its showing " Pricing error"

I have checked on the item conditions, there is no error. I checked the document flow and went to delivery. There is an item quantity split according to batch because of which one item - higher item in the batch is having ZERO quantity and the other items (which are also the same as higher level item in the batch) are having pricing not equal to zero.

Now the client wants to release the billing document to accounting. What should I do so that the query gets resolved.

Please help.

Regards,

Pavi Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do Account Determination analysis for that billing document in VF02 and update the forum what message system was popping up.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandatory pricing condition ZPRP is missing. This message is coming when we do the account determination analysis for the items with quantity ZERO. ZPRP is a standard pricing condition type (created by copying PR00). For other items, the same is determined.

Basically the thing is that item has been split due to batch in the delivery document. Therefore the items are coming like this in delivery:

SNo Material batch Quantity

10 ABC batch split 0

11 ABC 100

12 ABC 100

Here the order is for item ABC with quantity 200 but in the delivery there are three lines for the same item.

When billing is created for the delivery, mandatory pricing condition ZPRP is getting determined for item 11 and 12 but not for 10.

Due to this, there is pricing error in the document and therefore it can not be posted to accounting.

Regards,

Pavi Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavi

Since batch splits are very much a possibility I am amused that you have never faced this issue below. In this case you can create a routine and assign it to the copy control from delivery to the invoice for the item category which puts an inactive flag for the mandatory pricing condition (KINAK= X) if there exists batch split for the main item.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Can you confirm if you are getting the same error while creating Sales Order?

As per my assumption, in VOFA transaction code in your billing document type you have Doc. pric. procedure field with some value. This is redetermining your pricing procedure and recalculating the pricing. This can be same or different pricing procedure. I would suggest you to leave this entry blank and retry.

I had the same issue and I resolved it by keeping this field blank. If this is not your issue then please do let me know.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just put basic price as 1 for the upper level item in the batch for which quantity is zero. Since qty is zero, it makes no effect in net value and my problem get resolved. Thanks all for your valuable comments.