cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup or changeover time for a product in a new week

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a set up matrix which defines that if I move from product A to B, the changeover time is 2 hours.

I have a planned order for product A on friday of week 1 and a planned order for product B on a monday of week 2

Saturday and Sunday are set as downtime through the resource master downtime tab( also tried using not a work day in the capacity profile)

When I create planned orders, the planned order on Monday for product B has a setup or changeover time of 2 hours.

When I create the planned order for product B in a new week or AFTER a downtime DAY, I DO NOT want product B to have a setup time. However if they are in the same week OR without ant downtime in between, I DO want product B to have the setup time.

Would be grateful if you can let me know how can this be achieved?

Appreciate all your help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would just like to add some more information that when I move the planned order from monday of week 2 to tuesday, the system changes the setup time to 0. How can I make sure that when the order is created on monday for product B for week 2 has 0 setup time when sunday is set as downtime? Basically do not need setup time if it starts right after downtime.

Thanks for your help.

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

What I understand is you want to schedule your set up activity during downtime but process activity shouldnot be scheduled during downtime.

In Standarad SAP there is no option for activity specific scheduling during downtime.

What you can do is-:

Change the setting in strategy profile to schedule in non working time and try to schdule set up activity during downtime.

But if you want avoid any manual intervention then you need to go for devlopment.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Santosh. I did some more testing and I concur with you. Closing the thread now.

Answers (0)