SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you totally automate migration using Emigall?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in a situation where we're migrating PART of our data out of legacy, then having to keep ISU synchronized with legacy.

I want to use Emigall to schedule regular updates of the data, and I want the whole thing to be automated. So I'm setting up the scheduler and I realize that it's looking for the source file to be binary. I have text files coming out of legacy.

Is there a step somewhere that I'm missing in the docs that allows me to specify a text file and have it do the "Convert migration file" step for me to generate the binary file? The REMIG_FILE_TRANSFORM program runs the screen that you populate manually to convert the text to binary. Can I somehow use this?

Thanks

CN

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CN

Yes, you have to transform the TXT file to a BIN file.

Yes, you probably can use the program REMIG_FILE_TRANSFORM for the transformation. To do this automatically you would need a chain of batch jobs.

There's also a program called REMIG_FILE_CREATE, which allows to do both steps - transform and create the object in one program. I've never tested it, mainly because you have to create functions doing the transformation from TXT to BIN. In my opinion it's possible to write a single generic function for it, but SAP only delivers a SAMPLE function - called ISU_M_SAMPLE_CONVERT- that you would need to copy and adjust for your objects.

Internally, it also uses the generated EMIGALL functions, which are only in place, if the checkbox "Import function mod." in the "parameters" tab of transaction EMIGOBJ is set.

Yep

Jürgen