cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving dynamic name files from FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario where PI needs to pull a file from a FTP site with a dynamic format of VendorYYYYMMDD.txt; A new one is placed there every day.

One posting has an example is from ASM to PI to FTP: . However mine is FTP to PI to ECC. I have thought of using a synchronous call from Sender ABAP proxy to PI to Receiver FTP adapter; However, the FTP adapter cannot poll (i.e. it only has target name).

Question: What is the best method to put a dynamic name into the Sender FTP adapter?

Regards,

John_Xi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Question: What is the best method to put a dynamic name into the Sender FTP adapter?

I think you can do in the file sender adapter " Run operating system command before processing" where you can specify shell script which willl create the file name dynamically you want or rename the placed file using the script as per the requirement. For further help .. check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As Bhaskar said, it is better to go with the shell script to change the name of the file.

Thanks,

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think "Run OS commands" in FTP sender adapter work on the remote server, it only works locally.

Why don't you just use standard FTP sender, file name scheme *.txt?

And you can create your routing based on the content, i.e. condition or mapping?

-Kenneth