cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having trouble setting up a datastore that uses a SharePoint web services URL (url points to the wsdl). I get the following error codes:

BODI-1111469

BODI-1112446

With the error codes it says:

An error occurred while importing metadata: (bunch of Chinese characters)

I'm on version 12.2. Does someone know if Data Services can natively connect to SharePoint Web Services 2007?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found some good documentation, but am getting this error:

There is no response for the web service <GetItems>. Ensure that the network, the web server, and the service are running

I have entered my login credentials when setting up the data store. Do you know if there are generally issues with SharePoint certificates not being trusted so I need to tell Data Services to not worry about trusting the certificate, or maybe need to get the certificate and set my Keystore path point to it? I'm just not sure on the standard way of connecting to a SharePoint web service. It seems as if I'm almost there.

I appreciate any feedback anyone can provide. Thanks!

Edited by: jmbsquared on Apr 5, 2011 11:37 PM

Nevermind ... I am testing this more in SoapUI and will make sure I can connect w/out trouble there first.

Edited by: jmbsquared on Apr 6, 2011 12:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the Datastore type you are using ? Webservice or Adpater, for trouble shooting try using Adapter Datastore, its little easy to trace and debug using that

the username and password that you set in Datastore are for HTTP Basic Authentication and not for NTLM Authentication

if the server expects a certificate then yes you will have to import the certificate in a keystore and set the path in the Datastore

one more thing if you have proxy server in your network and the server URL is HTTPS then you will not be able to use WebService Datastore you will have to use Adapter Datastore

testing with SoapUI first would be better

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manoj. I am using a Web Services Datastore. In SoapUI I can connect and retrieve data, but I have to set the domain I'm part of in addition to my login credentials, so it seems like with SoapUI I'm not getting in with just http authentication. I do not have to set a Keystore path in SoapUI though to connect.

I'll get with some people in the office in the morning to see if there's a proxy I'm hitting and double check that HTTP authentication is exposed with the wrapper. Maybe I'll just see if I can get someone to help me setup and Adapter Datastore who has access to the job server if that's the easier route.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

Would you be able to share the documentation link for sharepoint connectivity?

Appreciate if you could list the steps on how to connect?

What is data? Is it a word file?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are 2 issues using sharepoint WSDL with DS

1 - you will not be able to import type ANY, this you can workaround by modifying the WSDL by giving the actual element schema instead of ANY

2 - shaepoint requires NTLM Authentication, which is not supported by DS WebService Adapter or WebService Datastore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj, I found out that the URL I was using for the datastore is a wrapper for the SharePoint native Web Services to allow us to authenticate over HTTP. So it's likely something I'm missing with how I'm authenticating or the wrapper isn't working properly with http authentication. I'll have to talk with our developers. Thank you so much for your reply and assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Do you know if there is any documentation on using the functions someone is exposed to with the web service?

I setup the connection after we had some developers write a wrapper so we can authenticate to SharePoint and I've got the GetItems method exposed. I'm trying to use this in a script and pass it a list and then just store that in a temporary table, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use GetItems and then once I use it I want to make sure I can get that data into my temporary table.

If there was some documentation from SAP somewhere regarding this it would be really helpful. Do you know of any resources to take a look at?