cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic email reports not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a little problem. I've configured my solution manager but Automatic Email Transmission is not working.

I want to receive by email all the EWA generated in solution manager.

SCOT is working well and no mail is generated.

Could you please help me?

regards,

Filipe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check if the entries in transaction DSWP and in table DSWP_SYS_EMAIL have the same case, if they're not the emails would not be sent.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional info...

I've configured in dswp (automatic email..) and I've also activated BAdi and table DSWP_SYS_EMAIL.

But the problem remains... mails are JUST sent in EWA for Solutions... I want EWA reports to be sent also.

thkz.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers... the problem is quite weird!

EWA for Solutions is working fine and report is being sent by email.

But EWA is not working well.. I'm able to check that in job SM:EXEC_SERVICES log shows:

"Trying to send session EA1000000000283 by E-mail"

But quite surprisingly it doesn't show any other message saying "session sent..."

Do you understand this?

In EWA for Solutions (that is working) I check job SM:EXEC_SERVICES and it shows:

"Trying to send session EA1000000000064 by E-mail"

and than

"Session VE1000000000230 performed

Trying to send session VE1000000000230 by E-mail

Session VE1000000000230 report type 0000000001 sent by E-mail"

It seems that in EWA for Solutions it performs a new session VE* and this session is sent without problem.

Any help? Thkz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this document [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ConfiguringandTroubleshootingEarlyWatchAlertsE-MailforSolutionManager+7.0]

Document help to find step by step EWA process.

Regards,

Karthik

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

If you want to send emails for solutions, all you have to do is to add the recipients in transaction DSWP -> Edit -> Automatic Email Transmission.

However, if you want to define what user will receive EWA for each single system you have to proceed as below:

The automatic mailing is configured in transaction SPRO, there is an activity called "Automatic E-Mailing of Reports". If you want to send emails of single systems to different recipients, you have to activate the BAdI EWA E-Mail Filter.

You also have to add the recipients in DSWP -> Edit -> Automatic Email Transmission.

Afterwards you have to configure the automatic email for single systems, you have to maintain informationin table DSWP_SYS_EMAIL (accessed by transaction se16). For single systems the information must be maintained both in DSWP and in the mentioned table.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel.