cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin determination in automatic TO creation for posting changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

could someone provide some information or some links on how the automatic bin determination for posting changes will be processed in SAP WM?

Actually I'm looking for some further information for automated processing during a posting with movement type 309.

What data from the posting change will be taken into account for the automated bin determination?

Or is it 100 % comparable to the standard putaway / stock removal strategies?

Thanks for some hints on that.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars Hi

Normally with a posting change the stock does not physically move, the status just changes

This could be

Unrestricted to 'Q'

'Q' to 'S'

Or even a change of batch

The decosion is made in IM via the movemenmt type

So 321 for unrestricted to 'Q'

309 to change the batch etc

In WM the system cannot do this in the bin so what happens is that the system takes the stock from say bin A1

Moves it to 922 Posting Change

Changes the status and then moves it back from 922 to the A1 bin

This happens the same second and you do not see it, However it does show in the history KT24 etc

To ensure that the posting change DOES NOT use the search strategy you set the 'Post to same bin' in the movement type

This is transaction OMLJ in WM

This will emsure that when you process the posting change notice whichever bin you are making the change in the stock will remain there once the change has been made

This needs to be set for all posting change movement types

309, 321, 322, 343, 345, 349, 350 and 453

I hope this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frenchy,

thanks for your answer.

But what I ried to find out is something different. I think, that I had to get a little more precise on my "problem".

Example:

I have a material A, hat is Q-relevant.

I already have stock on different sorage bins in the warehouse.

I already have several different GR items for this material, that are stored fr Q-checking. And now I release one of the blocked Q-stocks to available stock. How does the system determine the right quant? Via the inspection lot? Or do I have to determine the quant manually during the creation of the transfer order? I know that automated creation of transfer orders from a posting change is supported, but normally I want to make a posting for a specific quant in the warehouse. And does the system determine the quant during the automated creation process? Are there any options? I didn't find them but I know, that the determination works for quality stock postings. But I want to understand how it works and if there are possibilities to influence the determination.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add a point here that there is possibility of transmitting a screen widow to hav the value of GR number. You can do the settings in OMLR in the AddlData for the appropriate Mvt (eg 321)

This will cause to have the GR number to the PCN, which is compared with the GR no in the quant existing, while creating the TO wrt PCN.

For eg: Material Qty Stk catgry Bin GRno

A 20 Q B001 5000000102

A 40 Q B003 5000000140

Now, when transfering the stock category form Quality to unrestricted, for 20 qty, a PCN will be created bforethat a pop-up screen flows in which u'll b giving the GR no as 5000000140.

So u have the PCN for Qty 20, with GR no 5000000140.

When u create a TO wrt PCN, system will pick the stock from the bin B003.

I don't know how far this may light u.

Reg

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hic Lars

The problem is that it is not really possible for the system to work out which 'Quant' or from which location to change the status of stock from asnd therefore when you create the TO the system will show you where there is stock that matches your criteria

Material, batch etc and then I am afraid you have to select the location or locations you want the change to be made in.

If of course you change the status of ALL of the stock the system can work it out

I hope that this helps

Frenchy