cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic based on inspection severity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is anyone aware of any capability in SAP-QM Inspection plans or other inspection plan-related functionality that would allow for a different list of characteristics to be proposed dependent upon inspection severity?

For instance, a list of inspection characteristics (items 1 - 5) is presented for a normal inspection, but a different list of characteristics, i.e., a subset of the normal inspection plan characteristics (item 2,3, and 5 only), is presented for a looser inspection requirement.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, there is none. I have a similar problem where when vendors are not qualified, they have more tests done than if they are qualified. The only way I have that I think might work is to to assign the material/vendor to all the applicable plans. Then use the user exit for further plan selection to select the proper one.

You could use inspection severity as one of the means to select the proper plan. But remember, inspection severity in SAP is really related to the ANSI standards for normal, tightened and reduced sampling. So if you use inspection severity in your plan selection then you may, in some instances or cases, find it to be at cross purposes with your sampling requirements.

FF