cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Batch Manufacturing templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came across Batch manufacturing templates in SDN, after going thorugh the templeates are more or less talking with the ERP, how about if one wants to use these templates with MES integration?

Did anyone tried enhancing these templates with integration of MES systems?

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

While I am not aware of anyone who has definitely integrated the Batch Manufacturing templates with an MES system, I know there are projects to do so.

Just remember the templates are templates. They provide a good to very good starting point for integration with ECC and demonstrate useful techniques and conventions for the use of MII in a manufacturing environment. And they also provide examples of different styles since they were built by a group of 7 different MII developers (mixed partner and SAP). Some were based upon existing templates from MII 11.5 and 12.0 (which are also available from SDN). And I highly recommend downloading those as well.

Integration to MES is fairly dependent upon your facility, equipment (data sources), and goals. While each solution will be unique, it won't necessarily be that much different in basic design from others with the same features.

Regards,

Mike