cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I translate in an iView the label of a field?

Thanks

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't find a solution for this problem. I deploy the Model with the par files in VC (Options-->Compiler: Deploy model with PAr file). I build also a translation worklist in the portal and add to this worklist the genrerted par file. But when I want wo use the portal tranlation, there I can't translate the fields of the iView, only the meta data of the iView.

Thanks

Thomas

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You cannot translate the labels of IView with portal content translation tool.

The way to do it is by using Resource Bundles in PAR Files.

The first part of the internationalizing process is resourcing. This involves isolating the locale-specific resources of the source code into modules called resource bundles. Those modules can then be independently added to or removed from the application.

For a portal application, all the locale-specific strings and objects are stored in a set of resource bundles – generally .properties files – packaged with the PAR file.

Place resource bundles either in PORTAL-INF/private/lib (when packaged in JAR files) or in PORTAL-INF/private/classes (as individual files).

Check this how to do it:

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/05/26/application-internationalization-in-sap-web-as-using-java-resource-bundle-part-i

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/06/09/application-internationalization-in-sap-web-as-using-java-resource-bundle-part-iii

Greetings,

Praveen Gudapati

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry double posted...

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos