Did you mean: 

Problem with File Adapter Communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got an tab delimted file as mentioned below

601252539 5000004 5000004 ZURICH CARGO MCO 00000000005

606012525 5000005 5000004 MIKEN INC 00000000003

I have created proper sender and receiver communication channels with content conversions handled properly.

In my adapter monitoring I am able to see that my Sender & Receiver Communication channel is showing green and the messages are polled from the flat file in my sender communication channel.But I am unable to receive my messages in the receiver.I have even checked up with MONI,no messages are displayed as per my interface.

But everything is fine.When I am sending an XML file.

If there are any mistakes with Content conversion with my tab delimeted file than,some error must be shown in my Adapter monitoring showing my communication channel error.

But everything is going fine with Sender communication channel.

There is a major concern here is when I debug the problem, I found out that my content conversion is working fine and the XML document is getting created and When it is going to XI,I have observed that BLANK DOCUMENT is being sent to XI.So,as a thumb rule.SAP XI wont process any BLANK DOCUMENTS.Thats the reason why my receiver is not receing any messages.

I dont know why,when the content conversion with tab delimted file is converted in XML,When conversion is completed while sending the SAP XI is receiving a blank document.

Can any one help me.

Thank You,

KishoreJ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kishore,

You can trace your message using this url,

http://hostname:portnumber/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just given an example flat file and now even I am giving my content conversion by deleting some,which are not fitting into the page.

Header.fieldFixedLengths 15,25,8,6,1,8,8,8,15,3,31

Header.endSeparator 'nl'

Header.fieldNames NAME,EXTRD,EXTRT,DBUPD,VOID,UNVD

Header.keyFieldValue 021309379

Detail.fieldFixedLengths 18,13,13,35,15,3,8,2,21

Detail.endSeparator 'nl'

Detail.fieldNames BANKN,CHECF,CHECT,ZNME1,AMNT,DECM

Detail.keyFieldValue 601252539

Thank You,

KishoreJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have done the same to debug my problem,thats how coudld find out that my XML document,is getting created but the blank document is being sent to XI.

Can you please kindly help me beyond this.What to do.

I have my flat file present.Any my mode of sender communication channel is test.So,we need not worry about whether the flat file is present or deleted.It is still existing.

Thank You,

KishoreJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

Eventhough your Communication channel shows green if there is a problem in content conversion it will not print the file. Since you have said xml is printing fine at the receiver side so there might be the problem with the Content conversion. Can yo go through it once again. Also if possible can you give the content converison paramenters what you have specified?

---Satish