Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing particular t-codes from role menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest a better way to do this activity in 4.6c R/3 system.

We found some important transaction are exists in many roles multiple times. We want to remove all those transaction from all roles, nearly 50 times it exist in a role and likewise 100's of roles is there.

Please suggest a better way to remove all those transaction.

Thanks in advance. <removed by moderator>

Regards,

--Saravanan.R

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Apr 1, 2011 10:32 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it in Mnaually, because scripts were not allowed/run on Production systems.

Regards,

Arjuna.

13 REPLIES 13

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunatelly I've no access to system in version 4.6 , so I can only tell you how I would do it on 7.2, but maybe some of these information are possible to be used in your system.

In PFCG there is this button "Compress Menu" (http://pokazywarka.pl/3zorm9-2/) and it can be used for this purpose.

1. From table AGR_HIER read all roles from your namespace where field report corresponds to your case.

2a. Write a report that would use data from point one and call transaction PFCG in batch input (BCD).

or

2b. You could also try, andI think it will be faster than 2a., use ECATT/CATT for this purpose (write a short script that would execute PFCG and store all roles that should be maintained in Test data object).

or

2c. Maybe it's possible to use normal recording (SM35), but this I don't know. I've never used this transaction in this way, but maybe it's possible.

Hope any of this helps.

BR

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

Hello Marcin,

I come across with compress menu in roles and found its a additional compression of role menus with redundant entries.

It will compress the multiple entries of transaction codes present within a folder, but if I go this way we need to compress with whole role menu for particular t-codes. Please suggest us.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Saravanan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it in Mnaually, because scripts were not allowed/run on Production systems.

Regards,

Arjuna.

0 Kudos

Hi,

So writing report is only option left . I was also wondering if using LMSW could be used here. After all with it, it's possible to run transactions multiple times on file base, but this is just a raw idea.

BR

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

Hello Arjuna,

You are rgt, scripts are not allowed in PRD system. It is very hard to do it manually and now we doing it with the same. Please suggest any better way to reduce time. Because we need to removed a particular transaction from around 200 roles, from each roles that transaction exists nearly 50 times.

Regards,

Saravanan.R

0 Kudos

>

Saravanan Ramanathan wrote:

> You are rgt, scripts are not allowed in PRD system.

HI,

ever thought of cleaning up the roles in DEV and transport then the 'clean' ones to PRD?

Thought that that is the common way of role maintenance....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I am not aware of any way to reduce your current manual effort. But to avoid any such issue later you can make use of :

note #504006 (ssm_cust->condense_menu_pfcg)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been party to download/notepad++ hacking and won't ever do it again, the menu compress button on the menu tab in PFCG 4.6C appears to only compress transactions which are in the same folder so, if these are part of an (area) menu probably won't be much help.

Never tried the note to see if that works but I agree with Bernhard about going via the transport route from DEV (think the PRD post is adding confusion as the OP didn't mention that).

Afraid it's a manual search/delete (will LSMW etc work for different roles if the transactions they are in different places in the menu)?

f the roles are beyond repair maybe consider a rebuild?

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

The trick is to edit the entries in S-TCODE in authorizaitons. However, it is not recommended since you have the tcodes in role menu and problem might reppear. This can be only used as temporary fix.

Other method is to copy all the tcodes from S-TCODE and define the complete role menu or build a new role with matching authorizaitons from the old one.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

The trick is to edit the entries in S-TCODE in authorizaitons. However, it is not recommended since you have the tcodes in role menu and problem might reppear. This can be only used as temporary fix.

This shouldn't be possible if the transactions are in the standard S_TCODE object and they wouldn't be in a second manually added S_TCODE object as the menu is the problem. Removing the transactions from the menu tab will do the job even if it takes a long time and causes a few late nights - the fun comes at generation and lost objects/SU24 created objects if these roles are as big as they sound...

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

>

> The trick is to edit the entries in S-TCODE in authorizaitons. However, it is not recommended since you have the tcodes in role menu and problem might reppear. This can be only used as temporary fix.

This answer is incorrect OP wants to remove the dupliacte entries from the menu. Duplicate transactions in the menu do not lead to duplicate entries in the S_TCODE object.

0 Kudos

Hi Gowrinadh,

I agree with David and Jurjen. The transaction under S_TCODE appears only one time and we cant edit or delete from standard, however its in display mode.

Regards,

Saravanan.R

0 Kudos

Thanks all for pointing out. I misread the post and thought of removing all transactions rathen than just duplicate entries.

Regards,

Gowrinadh