cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Hours and Overbudgeting Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using CMP2 transaction for Workforce Planning. For example for one project I have created 2 activies (A and B) under one Network. And for these activities I have planned 20 and 30 hours respectively. Now when I am assigning employees from CMP2 transaction under this network activities, I am able to allocate more working hours than what is actually planned.

For example for Network Activity A I have fixed 20 hours. But from CMP2 transaction I can allocate more than 20 hours to employees. While doing this there is not standard error or warning appearing so Project Managers are allocating more hours to employees. Because of this, project is getting OVER BUDGETED.

How to fix this issue? This is the standard functionality that SAP has provided or this is some configuration Issue? Can you help me to solve this.

Thanks in advance,

Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anjali is right. Whatever excess hours you plan in CMP2 will be shown as a negative value. And as far as i know this won't affect anywhere. Please carry out a check according to what i have mentioned in my post earlier and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gokul, Anjali,

Thanks for helping me. It cleared my idea.

Thanks,

Roshan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addtion to what Gokul explained, please note that it is standard SAP functionality that you can assign more hours in CMP2 to the persons than the planned hours in activity. However you can notice the same from the -ve value in the distributable column.

Hope this helps

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before assigning more hours to the employees check your plan cost once and note it. Next assign more hours to employees in CMP2 and save it. Now check the plan cost of the activity. Does it increase? I did a small scenario in my system where in i had planned 200 hrs on an activity. I assigned 2 resources to the activity in CMP2 and put 200 hrs each against both the resources and saved it. Now when i go and check the planned cost of the activity it does not change.

When the plan cost itself is not increasing how is your Budget exceeding? Could you please explain it in detail?