Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footer at the bottom of the page in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to print some Sales data and then a hard coded paragraph at the end of last page of the print out n Smartform.

Now the problem is:

1. If I put that paragraph in the footer then it prints as soon as the data ends in main window and not at the bottom of the page. Eg : If the data ends at the 5 line of the second page then the paragraph is printed immediately after that and not at the bottom.

2. If I put it in another window and give the option only after end of main window then except the last page that space for that window is empty and if I try to overlap main window then even on the last page if the data is till end of that page main window data gets overlapped on the hardcoded paragraph.

Please help me on the issue.

Thanks,

Sameer

Edited by: sameer_rk022 on Mar 31, 2011 10:04 AM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

Go through links

you can use a template and text elements in that and give height according to the header,main window,footer evertthing shud be in sequential.

regards,

Sri

Former Member

Hi,

Solution: The issue faced after overlapping the main window with footer window can be achieved by creating a folder within the main window and using the events to check whether there is enough space to print the footer.

Following are the steps.

Step 1:  Create a Secondary window say “Footer” which would be the footer window. Overlap the main window on the footer window as shown below.   

The footer window will be behind the main window

Step 2Create a folder within the main window say “Check_Footer”.

Go to Tab “Events”, select the checkbox “Footer with Height” and give the required height of the footer. Select the checkbox “at End of Table”. Specify the “Minimum height” as required.

Now, go to “Conditions” tab and select the checkbox “Only before end of main window”.   

This is basically done to check whether there is enough space to print the footer on that page. The Footer window would then print the output.

Step 3: Go to the created “Footer” window .Under the Conditions tab, select the checkbox “Only after end of main window”. Create a  text/tamplate/window whatever you want to display at bottom or footer data.

Step 4: Save & Activate the Smartform and check the output.

regards

Rohit

0 Kudos

Correct Solutions!

Many Thanks~

0 Kudos

Great, it solves my issue.