cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field values directly binded to backend service are getting cleared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In HCM Forms & Process, for ex: in a form the header field values are directly binded to SAP_PA backend service and rest of the fields (dropdown list and free text fields) are getting from custom generic service. Now there is also a pushbutton in my form is used to calculate percentage of a field. Now when the form is displayed by default the header values are getting populated from SAP_PA backend service. When I click the push button with out selecting values(drop down list) getting from generic service all header field values are getting cleared. But if I select any dropdownlist value before selecting pushbutton and then if I click pushbutton all the header fields are retained with values. I am facing this problem for all the forms that I developed. I am looking for valuable answer.

Regards,

Nayani .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I didnot mentioned earlier that even I used User events in my form scenario but still I am facing this problem.

Regards,

Nayani.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are or are not using a user event? Sounded like you were which was firing when the user selecpiushed the "button" for calculating fields. Whatever "event" you have tied that button too seems to be your culprit. Are you doing this calculation in Javascript off the button "onClick" even or passing it to a HCM P&F "user event" in the backend? If it is to a HCM P&F "user event", that's where I would make sure your fields are selected.

From the sounds of it, it seems when you do NOT select a dropdown list value, your generic service is not handling this gracefully and an error occurs. That would cause ALL other services NOT to run. It's an odd thing the framework does and often very frustrating to hunt down, but whenever any service errors, it will not run others.....hence no fields coming back correctly....even if those other services have NOTHING to do with yours (weird, I know).

Hope this helps.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you are not selecting the fields to pass through your User Event. Make sure they are "ticked" in your field group in your user event.