Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects-PS integration (PPM5.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on PPM5.0

We have a scneario where there are more than one PS Project profile, and therefore we need dynalic linking of project type (in cProjctes) to PS Project profile.

We understand that BAdi IAOM_BUSINESS_SCENAR can be used to manipulate the setting.

We have two queries:

- CPR001 is the standard profile. If we copy this and name it as Z_CPR001, which profile does the system use? We need to use the profile to change some settings, and then try this to create project in PS

- Where does the system allow to dunalically link the Project Type (cProjects) to the PS profile for the scenario defined above - where we need to link profile dynamically because there's more than one PS profile to be used.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I already answered you in previous topic about that: you need to implement the BADI and dynamically code your logic in method CHANGE_PROJECT_PROFILE. Here you can say which profile to assign depending on cProjects project type.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthias.

What we are not sure of is where (at the front end) do we link the cProjects Project Type to the PS Profile. I am talking about the user - where at the front end, does the user specify this link.

Also, for the standard profile, if we create a new one, with a copy of CPR001 (say Z_CPR001), does the system use Z_CPR001 as the standard profile. We need to test a scenario where the standard settings need to be changed.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood well, the end user will just populate the cProjects project type in PPM front-end.

Then, after project integration into accounting system, the BADI implementation can determine the PS project profile, by checking the cProjects project type attribute (this data is sent from CPRO to PS).

Once you have created your different PS project profile, it should work just by assigning it in the BADI.

Matthias

Answers (0)