cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in maintaining hazardous material description in different language.

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to display hazardoues material description in xyz langauge on a script.

Table MGEF is the primary table for hazardous material. There is no text table for it.

Field STOFT holds the description of the hazardous material.

Now issue is that as no text table is available for hazardoues material , how the description can be available into multiple langauges ? Also if the text is made available in XYZ langauge in this table on login to XYZ langauge ,then it must be also be displayed in english on login with 'EN' langauge .

Kindly help me in this regard. Also it will be great is someone can tell me how hazardoues material description is maintained in multiple langauages.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ujjwal,

To maintain hezardous material text you can use Tcode VM01/VM02.

For mentainance of text in multiple languages you need to login into system with the perticular language and then maintain it thru' above Tcode. Hope this will help..

Reg,

Sudhir

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi .. thanks for the reply but can you please tell me which field gets updated with that maintained description.

Regards.

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

MGEF-STOFF is the field gets updated thru' this. Actualy if you check the table there is field for region code "REGKZ", the different texts gets updated as per region code. If you want to retried particular language you can use REGKZ to retried it.

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir ,

Thanks for your valuable replies..

Can you please tell me where exactly in VM01/VM03 translations can be maintained.

Actually we have requirement to maintain text for portuguese 'PT' langauge.

Im not knowing where exactly to changing as im technical guy.

Please help.

Thanks.

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ujjwal,

You need to maintain the region code "PT" in SPRO>LE>WM>Hazardous material>Master data-->Define region code.

Once done..relogin into system with "PT" language at login page of SAP.

Use VM01.. give material number and region code "PT"..it'll take you to next screen where you can maintain description in Portuguese.

Hope this will help.

Reg,

Sudhir

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your valuable reply.. I checked yesterday i could not find translations using VM02.

Does it mean that we cannot make translations for change Hazardoues material ?

Regards.

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no translation possible in VM01. You can use Google language tool to translate the english text to Portuguese text...get confirmation of PT text from user/client and paste it to text field in PT region code.

regards,

Sudhir

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

So it means that the translations have to be pasted in description for 'PT' langauge.

So whenever we will login with 'PT' langauge the descriptions will be displayed with Chinese text.

And the english text have to be in 'EN' login.

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir, Thanks for solving the problem.

Answers (0)