Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page format to print 4X2" label

former_member16044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a page format of 4X2 inch zlabel and using the same in my smartform.And there are 8 labels a page which is input to the printer. When I am printing the label, for 3 line items PO, printed on 1st label of 1st page, next 7 labels blank in that page, next lineitem is printed on the 1st label of 2nd page and so on till 3rd page. I tried to search this blog for this, didnt get the fruitful. Please advice if any settings needs to be done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member16044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I used to custom page format to print these labels

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type and printer do you use?

You also need to modify the commands in the printer initialization of the created page format so that the command tells the printer the correct paper height.

SPAD > Full Admin > Device Types > <Device Type> > Formats > <Page Format> > Printer Initialization

You can check the commands in page format DINA4 as a reference.

Regards,

Aidan

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

Is your requirement says print 8 labels on one 42 or eight 42 on one page . What printer you are targetting .once you provide this info i can help ....Rather than giving a generic answer...

former_member16044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. It is a label printer and input to the printer is a letter size sheet which has 8 labels embedded one below the other in it. The size of each label is 4X2". Now when I give the print command, printing 1st lineitem on 1st label, but it skips the next 7 labels present in that letter sized sheet and prints the 2nd line item on the 1st label of 2nd letter sized sheet. Now what I am assuming is my smartform assumes the page size is ZLABEL(custom page format), but the priner doesn't understand it, and it needs basis help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think you need to use the letter page format not the custom one. you need to find the sample label format then get the height and width of each label as well as the space between the labels. then use loop statement and set counter for each abel. when it reaches 8 then move to next page.

regards

shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way you can get any combination of 8 labels onto letter page if they're just one over the other and they are 4" by 2"

Are they also arraged with more than one label left to right, as well as more than one label top to bottom? If so, I would use multiple main windows, I think, one for each possible label on the page.... When you filled the 8th window, you'd need a new page.