cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background jobs restriction

former_member706793
Participant
0 Kudos

Environment : We have CRM ( 1 CI & 2 DI ) and BW ( 1 CI ).

When the BW sends a request, the corresponding extraction job starts in CRM ( APP 1 or 2 ).

Is there a way to avoid the BW extraction jobs to start on the Dialog instances and run only on CI.

I guess we have to create one in SM61 - server groups ? If so where should i define the server group ( crm or BW ) ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

After implementing SAP Note 1488762, you can create a job server group called BW_EXTRACTION that should be used for the extraction. This SAP Note must be implemented in the source system and the server group is a global setting that affects all BW extractors.

Alternatively, you can specify one specific server using the "Maintain Control Parameters for Data Transfer" in transaction SBIW, as explained in the SAP Note 1142930.

Regards,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Just go ahead and create a background job server group and put that CI in that.

When you define the background job you need to assign that group which will make the job to run on that systems which are part of that group.

Use the transaction SM61 create the background processing group.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can create groups for background processing. Now there are 3 cases.

1. If no background group defined in SM61 & dedicated application server is not defined in any job - then any server will be seleted for job.

2. if you define a background group with the name "SAP_DEFAULT_BTC" & allocate application servers to this group in SM61 - this is the default group which will be taken in case no application server is defined in the job

You can also create background group with any othername & assign application servers to that group. While definfing the job mention this group in the job.

Regards,

Rajneesh

former_member706793
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunny & Rajneesh.

@Sunny,

I tried the option before and it didnt work.

@Rajneesh,

Where should i define the group ? In BW or CRM ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define the group in the server where to want to run the job

Regards,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a logon group in your CRM server and assign your central instance to it. Then in RFC from BI to CRM, use load balancing method and there specify logon group which you created earlier. Then all job will be on central instance because you have assigned central instance in load balancing.

Thanks

Sunny