cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iDoc Listener connecting to a clustered SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SAP MII V12.1 loaded to Netweaver CE 7.11 EHP1, and want to connect one of the Resource Adapters (an iDoc Listener in this case) to a clustered SAP environment by connecting to a message server / system ID / logon group combination.

I can successfully connect to a specific application server using server name / port number, but these don't exist within the clustered environment.

When I point to the message server, I can get the iDoc Listener to sucessfully register a connection to the RFC destination, but it does not receive any iDocs when they are pushed out.

Note that traditionally, I have used XMIIIDOC01 as a "Resource Adapter" within NW, and configured it to point to a "ServerName" and "PortNumber", but as mentioned these do not exist within a clustered environment.

Has anybody ever managed to connect XMIIIDOC01 (or similar resource) to a clustered SAP environment, by pointing to a message server / logon group?

I have been able to successfully configure a new JRA by cloning a "JCA Connection Factory", and call BAPI's etc, but now I want to be able to receive iDocs.

To be honest, I'm not overly familiar with the NW architecture, nor the relationship between

1. Resource Adapter

2. JCA Resource

3. JCA Connection Factory

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kevin.

Edited by: Kevin Hibbins on Mar 31, 2011 1:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Were you able to figure out what the relationship is between those 3 components? If so could you post what you have learned here?

Thanks.

Justin