cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice from BAPI/Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I am participating in a mobility project at university, but we have got some web service related problems and I would appreciate if you could help me out.

1. I set up a web service in WSCONFIG to access query data (query_view_data), afterwards I configured and activated it in the SOAManager. The web service seemed active to me, however, I was not able to access it with tools like u201CAltova XML Spyu201D. Every time I tried to send a SOAP request, a error message appeared, which told me that it was not possible to establish a connection to the server.

The host of the SAP system is not in my local network, could the firewall be an issue, or do you have any other ideas?

2. I tried to set up a web service from a BAPI in the BAPI-Transaction, for that I used the creation wizard of the Tools tab. I filled all fields of the creation wizard and clicked u201Cfinishu201D. Finally, the message: "Test objects cannot be applied to foreign name spaces" (translation from German) appeared, even though I saved the object as a "local object".

I would be grateful if you could give me some advice to fix the mentioned problems.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gourav,

the name space problem is resolved.

Now it seems that I don't have the appropriate user rights to create this service with the wizard.

The WSNavigator seems not to be available, for that reason I can't test the ws with it.

I think I have to clarify the problems with the network and the user rights with the responsible person first.

Thank you for your help!

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LosSchwarzos,

Welcome to SAP SCN and SOA forum.

Test objects cannot be applied to foreign name spaces" (translation from German) appeared, even though I saved the object as a "local object".

Add z before service name for example zbapi_create_anything.

For your first issue it appears that problem is with network connection, why don't you try to test service using WSNavigator which may be hosted on same network. URL of wsnavigator: http://saphost:port/wsnavigator

Regards,

Gourav