cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheat Sheet/Listing of Object types and transactions they are available in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to obtain a listing of the standard object types and where they would be available?

We have already worked with the Travel Management Trip Docuemnts and I know that object type BUS2089 is available through the Object for Services area of transaction PR05. So we store entries in the TOA01 table for this object and they are available to us in the object services section.

But now we want to leverage the functionality we built and extend it to other areas. But I spent a lot of time today trying to find out what object could be used through transaction IE03 for an equipment record and finally found EQUI. Now I just have to test it out.

I see a lot of standard document types available as well and don't know what they are for - for Plant Maintenance work order notifications object type BUS2038 is there with PMONOTFPAP, PMIDAMAGE and PMIREQUEST already available. I didn't want to create a new one if these are available for work order notification images, etc.

It would be nice if there was a spreadsheet or listing that detailed each object type and where it was used in the system.

(I did try searching but didn't find this question/answer on a broad basis.)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understood your question correctly i think you are looking for Business objects & where its used with spread sheet ?

But when you are talking about TOA01, its basically link.

So list of business object can available through SWO1(i think you know this).

Where it is used means ? What ever the generic documents that are required by client can be created in OAC2 t-code and those documents are linked to Business objects in OAC3 through TOA01.

Hope i provided you solution ?

If not, Please send detailed question.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarun,

Thanks for replying. I think that we are agreeing on the same details, but it doesn't really answer my question.

I guess what I am looking for is if I asked the following question:

What object type is used when populating the object services link from within an equipment record via IE03?

How would you obtain the answer to this question - besides just knowing it?

It's the same way that I know the following:

What object type is used when populating the object services link from within a trip via PR05? --> BUS2089

What object type is used when populating the object services link from within a work order via IW33? --> BUS2007

What object type is used when populating the object services link from within a wo notification via IW23? --> BUS2038

The last two were easy because it prompts you when creating an attachment. The first one someone told me the answer to.

We will be doing image links for many different documents (invoices, journal entries, HR employee records, etc) and I'm just trying to figure out how to know which objects to use. Once I know the object I know how to configure the OAC* tables for use.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers (0)