cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error text: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this error pop up very frequently on some new SAP systems. This will randomly happen and keep us from being able to release transports and import them in STMS. I receive the following error:

There was an attempt to start the transport control program tp using the local RFC interface.

An error occurred here.

Error code: 4

RFC error text: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'

- When I check the Transport Tool (STMS: import queue> check> transport tool) I get the following information:

timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456#Time

out during connection setup (check that partner exists

- When checking the TP System Log I receive the same error. The RSTPTEST report does not give any additional information. SM21 shows a warning and an error:

Warning:

Communication Error, CPIC return code 020, SAP Return code 456

Dialog Process No. 000

Problem cl: SAP web AS problem

Package: STSK

Further Details:

Module Name: thxxhead

Line: 7488

Error Text: 020456

Caller: ThRecei

Error:

Problem cl: transaction problem

Package: STTO

All of these errors are only pointing to a time out. I cannot figure out why this is happening. I checked the TMS RFC connection in SM59 and they are fine. I have been able to work around this issue in 2 different ways. First, I can delete the files in the "\trans\tmp" directory on the server. Sometimes this resolves the error. Else I have to restart the system.

I need to understand where this issue is coming from and how to resolve it. It is becoming more and more frequent. Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have had similar issues during this week. After looking for a solution everywhere i found out that i didn't set up the FQDN on this system.

Symptoms were:

• se38 > RSTPTEST timed out sometimes(not always)
  • sm59 > TCP/IP connections > CALLTP_WindowsNT > test connections timed out sometimes (again, not always)
  • STMS Overview > Systems: I was not always able to distribute and activate configuration from the Domain controller via Extras > Distribute and Activate Configuration (it died on the mentioned system)
  • Transports failed mostly with the same error.

The error log was somewhere deep in ST11. It could not resolve our FQDN.

The solution, for me, was to add our FQDN to the WINDIR\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

We upgraded the kernel as well (from 7.20 patch 046 to most current) but this didn't help.

The FQDN is a concatenation of computer name and dns suffix of the network (if you have none, you can add one via rightclick on the used network adapter>ipv4>properties>Advanced>DNS tab, so in the end the host file looked like

127.0.0.1   localhost   computer-name.ourSuffix.com

After this line has been added, the error stopped and the transports work again.

I hope it helps. Good luck.

Akashcm10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks peter. It worked for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

open port 33<SYSTEM NUMBER> ,it will be ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's working for me too.TQ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Jeff,

I too faced the same issue in BW system.

Error : While refreshing the import queue of BW Production .

RFC error:
timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: ThSAPCMRCV&#.The issue was finally solved after setting the parameter rfc/use_gwstart = 1 and restarting the system .

Priya

0 Kudos

Hi,

We got the specified error right after we move our R3 system to virtual system. I thought it was a problem with virtualization-related incident, and eliminated the problem by rebooting the operating system.

Our BW system has also the same problem,but in this case solution is changing the permission (sysadm) for all folders under /usr/sap/trans. Also you can use command -R sysadm:sapsys /usr/sap/trans for changing permission.

Regards,

Emre ORUÇ

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can troubleshoot this problem in number of ways:

1) Run the programe RSTPTEST in SE38, check the RFC ping.

2) Go to smgw and enable the CPIC trace. Also, check SAP note 532918 which goes into some detail on RFC traces which will help you find more detail on the problem.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per the notes in my original post, I tried these items. There still appears to be some kind of issue. One thing that I am now seeing is when I attempt to refresh the import queues I get the following error:

Release of TMS_0000000005TMS_TP_REFRESH_QUE in system X20 failed with return code invalid_startdate

Message no. 2B013

Diagnosis

The background job TMS_0000000005TMS_TP_REFRESH_QUE could not be released in system &V3 &. The release terminated with the error &V2&.

System Response

The job was not scheduled.

Procedure

1. Read the system log to analyze and remove the cause of the error.

2. Reschedule the TMS command.

Procedure for System Administration

The system log records background control errors. Use transaction SM21 to analyze the system log.

And I can run the same refresh later and I don't have this issue. It seems like the rfc connection may be timing out but i don't understand why or how. Are there any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One update on this. I believe that the issue is related to tp.exe running on the server. I have noticed that this program stops running on the server after a period of time. When this is not running I am unable to release transports and view the transport queue.

I have been able to force this program to run by "updating all import queues" from the Extras menu in STMS. If I run this a couple of times I see tp.exe start running and then I can resume.

Are there any ideas on how to get around this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ideas on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

If this is a intermittent issue I feel you may need to check the mount points of your trans directory.

If not kindly go and check the trusted RFC which takes care of transports. I hope TMSADM user is not locked.

Kindly perform check on TP tool, Transport directory as well connection checks.

Regards

Vivek

Edited by: vivekwali on Apr 11, 2011 10:05 PM