cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert XML to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Web Dynpro ABAP, I want to know how can convert a XML format to PDF object, and then display both of them.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Celis,

Assuming you're on a recent system version, I would approach creating the pdf as follows:

1) create a simple transformation to convert the xml data to internal abap table(s) and/or structure(s);

2) pass the abap structures/tables to a pdf form you build in SFP.

3) call the form in your webdynpro / assistance class with standard functions FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME, FP_JOB_OPEN, FP_JOB_CLOSE.

For simple transforms, if you haven't done one before, I can highly recommend the book "XML Data Exchange using ABAP" from SAP Press: http://www.sap-press.com/products/XML-Data-Exchange-using-ABAP.html

To display the xml file: that's a new one for me, but I might try to use either a row repeater or table with each line as a text line. To format or structure the text into lines, I might again use a simple transform.

Hope this helps!

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cellis,

First You need to convert XML data into internal table then convert it into PDF.

Please go through this.. it might helps you.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a XML Document, and I need to create a folder and convert this documento into a Pdf, save them and display the xml document that already exist and the pdf version.