cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3: Background jobs for Full Synch not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

We have version 5.3 and are implementing RAR and SPM.

We have multiple backends that we are hooking up to (ECC, CRM, Banking Services etc). When we run the Full Synch for Users/Roles/Profiles, this job completes in less than a minute, and does not actually update the current data we have from our initial load.

We broke the job down just for Full User Synch, and the job will return in 3 seconds, with "complete" and no updates have been actually performed.

Can anyone direct me to areas that we can check to see why this is not updating?

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gangadharvegi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

Could you please check whether all post installtions steps are exceuted properly !!!

Thx

Kasi

Edited by: Gangadhar Jaya Venkata Kasi Vegi on Apr 4, 2011 8:14 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please paste RAR Background job log here (ccappcomp.<n>.log) ? Also, what is the SP level for your RAR ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sunny:

Where can i find the ccappcomp.<n>.log??? My basis support person was not sure where to find this?

We are on Java SP 13, and our backends are SP13 and SP11 accordingly for the VIRSANH and VIRSAHR systems.

Thanks,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Background jobs --> Search. Selct the line item and click on view logs.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there:

This is part of our problem. For all jobs, the VIEW LOG button is greyed out.

We seem to only be able to see Job History (not much info there) and Parameters of Job.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the user has the action ViewBgJobLog assigned.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Yes, we have that action assigned to us via the GRCADMIN role in the UME.

Margaret

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that in RAR Configuration, Log settings should be Java logger instead of SAP Logger. Default setting is SAP Logger, so change this setting and after change you need to restart the server. Then you will able to view these logs.

After doing this, again start the job and check if there is any error in these logs. Also, paste here if you have some problem.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the all connections are working fine or not. what type of connection you have configured in RAR while set up the connections i.e Adaptive RFC or SAP JCO. if you configured the Adaptive RFC connection, please switch to SAPJCO connection in RAR and run the jobs again.

also check the Daemon manager staus, weather the workthreads are running properly.

Regards,

Arjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there:

We tried the switch to the SAPJCO (we had adaptive RFC) but that didn't seem to resolve the issue. We have completely restarted the system and the background daemon as well....to no avail.

Thanks,

Margaret