Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nwdi and CTS+ integration

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way the developer in NWDS can create a transport request when the change is checked-in to NWDI, before the consolidation and assembly? Is this do-able? If so, how ?

Currently, in our NWDI CTS+ configuration, the transport is created at the assembly phase.

Thanks!

Neeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeta,

As far as i know there is no option available that allows to create a transport request in CTS- client when you Check-In the activity. I don't understand the need of such a requirement?

However,

In the latest Releases of NetWeaver Java application server and developer studio.

(SAP enhancement package 2 Support Package 4 for SAP NetWeaveru00AE 7.0 and above)

You have a new concept of CM Services instead of classical CMS.

Please refer to the below mentioned document for the details.

>>> :[How-Tou2026Setup CM Services|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90b89739-c236-2e10-f69d-eed4adc40983?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Please Open the Page No. 65 (Point number-2) of the above document.

Here you'll see the option when you Release the activities from Transport view of developer studio, the transport request automatically gets created in the CTS system.

I felt that this particular scenario seems very close to what you are looking for.

You can also refer to the below mentioned blog for further details on CM Services.

>>> :[Using CM Services instead of CMS|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/23997] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Hope, this information will help you.

Regards,

Shreyas pandya

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Shreyas,

Thank You for the information - I will review it & see if a transport can be created by NWDS during check-in.. In ABAP a change is logged in a Transport when saved, so I was expecting the same concept in NWDS - at check-in. Our process is for the developer to submit the Transport request using an external web application, which then goes to basis for processing, depending on the requirement - goto Q or Production. We'll change our process for NWDI :

Developer informs the nwdi administrator to build in consolidation and assembly.

NWDI Tranport created during assembly, which (transport #) then is relayed back to the developer

Developer will then submit a transport request with the transport # via our web application for the change to be deployed to Q or P as appropriate, via STMS.

Regards, Neeta