cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Old archive data in to new SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had a requirement to migrate old archive data to a ne SAP server. Version of old server is 4.6c and the version of new SAP server is ECC 6.0. Now the archive server remains the same. Presently all archive file is stored in an archive server.

My requirement is what is the process of moving the archive File in the NEw SAP System. And how to reconnect the archive files staying in the archive server. Basically Migration scenario. So that user can able access the data from new system as they are doing from the old one.

Note: no scenario of upgrade

Regards

Sudipta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisGela
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this helps you:

"When archived data is read, the system automatically makes the conversions required by hardware and software changes."

taken from:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/8d/3e4ce1462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

Kind Regards,

Chris

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other approach can be followed other than the mentioned one. Might be on that we can over come the sequence issues.

Regards

Sudipta

0 Kudos

Even it is technically possible, I doubt on the legal issues. How can you justify that there are 2 financial accounting document or purchase order with the same number from different systems? Would you please inform me whether you have proceeded this "migration"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -- Could you please let me know if you implemented this solution and what are your thoughts about the same.

Thanks,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Thanks for your input. I think other Admi* files is also required to copy along with this.

But now I am confident enough to go for that.

Migration of archived data of the SAP R/3 Divisional instances (More than One system with version of SAP is 4.6) into the target SAP ECC 6 consolidated instance in order to enable access to this data by the end users from the consolidated instance.

Is that the procedure work in this context or some other methodology will do.

From one system to the other one coping of Admi* files will work. Now for consolidating the all sessions from differetn system and put that into one system might not be handy with that.

Need input on these.

Regards

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudipto,

Now, your requirement to migrate archive files from several instances of r/3 system into 1 SAP system

This is bit tricky - Logically looking, while displaying archived data, FM will look for archive index table and get the Doc Id from ADMI_FILE to display the archived data. Migrating & displaying from different instance of system is not an issue.

I am very much concern on Archive session no sequence. If both the instance of R/3 system is having same archive session number then it could be an issue.

Currently I can't comment on this but I have mentioned this to make a note during your migration activities.

Hope this will help you.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we can maintain the similar link table / index table for data archiving in the new SAP System and also make the similar connectivity with the archive server. Does it will work?

If some one provide me the list of link table / index table used for data archiving sessions. (Toa01/* tables are used for printlist and document archiving).

Any one have any idea on this. Any other suggestion is also welcomed.

Regards

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We can achieve by migrating entries ADMI_FILES & ADMI_RUN.

Note:

1. Maintain same content repository

2. In ADMI_RUN table - Client information is captured. I doubt whether we have to do any changes to this field for the migrated archive file. This client/system change might be required during reload is required.

3. If statistical details are required for migrated archive files then you have migration ADMI_STATS also.

Hope this will provide you some use full information.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Apr 4, 2011 6:23 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so your scenario is possible because archive data is for your 4.6c system and you want to restore it to ECC 6.0 system. Because lot of functionality has been changed from 4.6c to ECC 6.0.

Thanks

Sunny