Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics - RFC error in extractor framework job log for SAP Portal

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

Has anyone already encountered the following or similar issue:

We have SAP Enterprise Portal 6.40 which is configured in diagnostics. The managed system setup steps & wily introscope agent steps are all green and fine.

Data is coming into Wily Introscope properly and both trees are visible in Wily Introscope.

However in Solution Manager no data arrives. The extractor framework job logs show there is an RFC error.

Does anyone have an idea where I need to look for this RFC or how the connection is made as the logging does not provide any useful detail.

Kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Check the return code (RC) error in the EFWK. If it is 96, then check the RFCs SOLMANDIAG and WEB ADMIN at transaction SM59 under TCP/IP connections.

Regards,

Allam

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Allam

Correct answer.

I did check webadmin and it was running (green status) in the diagnostics system.

Which took me to the next check which is the solmandiag TCP/IP connection which threw a timeout returncode 667. This RFC returncode implies the connection is already active and in use while I had no users nor any diagnostics setup running.

To fix the issue I simply stop/started the WEBADMIN RFC connection through the diagnostics system advanced setup. This make the connection available again.

Thanks Allam for the correct answer and swift response.

I'm thinking about creating a Wiki page with all related issue & fix information for Diagnostics. It would be interesting to see how the community can add content to the wiki entries so everyone gets a good overview of the existing issues and their respective fixes.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

This appears to be a common problem (e.g., see [this thread|;). That restart works, but only for a few hours. Does anyone have a more permanent fix?

I increased the RFC resource caps in table E2E_RESOURCES, but then it exceeds DIA WP. I increased those too, and the errors go away for a while, but invariably they come back.

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

I experience the same behaviour. It is clear to me how to elevate the "RFC Resource Caps", but how did you manage to elevate the "DIA WP" that is also exceeded at my site?

Thank you and best regards,

Paul.

Answers (0)