Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Call without Operations Mapping

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have requirement to call a web service from WebDynpro hosted on BW system via PI. For this wanted to use AAE (advanced adapter engine) with SOAP to SOAP adapters. We are thinking of implementing this interface without message mapping hence no operation mapping.

There are two reasons for this, 1. To increase the speed for the call 2. In PI there is nothing to transform, just to proxy it thru

Now here my question are,

Is our approach correct?

Can we implement synchronous calls without operation mapping?

Here we are using integrated configuration for this interface.

If this approach is wrong, please suggest me a better way to proxy-ing PI for given requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prasad.

Edited by: PrasadBabu Koribilli on Mar 30, 2011 9:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Is our approach correct?

>> Can we implement synchronous calls without operation mapping?

You dont achieve anything by routing your message via PI... So Why do you want an extra Hub in your communication landscape.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> There are two reasons for this, 1. To increase the speed for the call 2. In PI there is nothing to transform, just to proxy it thru

In this case you should consider to call the webservice direct from webdynpro, without using PI at all.

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for the reply.

I proposed the same to the project. But as per the guidelines any connection to backend SAP system should go through PI. So i will have to find a solution to satisfy both.

So please advise.

Thanks,

Prasad.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can redirect a web service call through PI without mapping.