cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while generating the output(using VF02->header->output)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I have issues while generating output using the tcode VF02.

the issue is that, I have got an output type which is configured for the medium "Special Function" and the o/p program generates PDF depending on certain criteria.

now, when I try to "repeat output" option to generate output again, I was getting errors. it works sometimes by choosing the option "Successfully processed" then selecting the record and then saving it. if I do the same thing again, the output make be running into error or success, it is varying everytime.

I am not able to understand why the process is not working correctly, when doing the "Repeat output" option on the "Successfully processed" record, the system is giving error instead of a Successful message. it is succeeding once and sometimes not.

Kindly let me know your inputs if you have encountered same kind of issue.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's "Special Function" then my guess is that special function has been custom developed in your system. Therefore no one on this forum would have any knowledge of its functionality. Check with your local ABAP developers.

If it is a standard program then search for the notes or post more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am an ABAP developer and the o/p program has been customized program in order to generate PDF for the "Special function".

Issue is as under:

I was trying to generate output for the Special function in 2 different ways:

- by directly entering the values(i.e., newly creating the output)

- by copying the existing output record and choosing the "Repeat output" option

in both the cases, the output may be successful in some attempts and failure in some other attempts. we are not able to predict when the output will be successful or failure...

I think the issue is clear now.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks you may need to debug the program. Couple of things from configuration side you can check and test. One is in t.code V/40, check the field multiple issuing and test. The second is after adding and tried sending the output second time, in VF02->Header->output, highlight the output and click on i button to see the analysis on why that output did not get sent. You can also click on the processing log button on the top after highlighting the output to see any system generated messages.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your inputs.

- I am not able to check the field "Multiple issuing and test" in the tcode 'v/40'. and unable to understand the relevance of it

- The "Processing log" option did not contain any messages in it in order to analyze the situation

- I dont understand why the system is generating the o/p only sometimes? i.e, if I try for say 10 attempts, the system may be

successful in 3rd/5th/6th and 8th attempts or 1st/2nd/5th and 9th attempts.... it is varying without any definite logic.

still when I debugged in update mode, the system is running into errors at the OPEN DATASET statement giving a sy-subrc = 8.

I dont understand the reason for this.

Kindly let me know your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would set up the output with timing 1 - and process trough RSNAST00.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Group,

when I checked the configuration part of the o/p type I am currently processing, I could see that, in customizing part of this o/p type, there was a checkbox for Multiple Issuing - which is not checked.

when it is not checked, it should not be possible to run the o/ps for multiple times, but when I tried to generate o/ps again and again, in a few attempts I could to generate the PDFs and in some cases not. I don't know why there is no relevance for this check box Multiple Issuing.

Could you please let me know why this issuing of o/p is working in some occassions and not working work sometimes, which is having the configuration of checkbox Multiple Issuing - not being checked.

thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is still existing....

the thing is that, everything like Configuration, O/p Program are very much perfect. But I don't why the system is generating the PDFs in certain runs and whereas not generating in certain times.... it depends and not predicatable when it is going to generate and when it is not....

this development is regarding the Transmission medium = 8(Special Function), and I am not aware how the parameters of this tranmission medium are set and who will set this in the system..... I checked in SPRO but could not get to know about the transmission medium....and what would be the trigger for this Special Function?

Kindly provide your valuable inputs as to why the PDFs are getting generated only a few times.....