cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating Actual PGI date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have SAP's DSD (direct store delivery) application live. In the process, deliveries are made to stores by the driver. He returns to the depot and settles his route. It is at that time that the post goods issue (PGI) is performed for the deliveries. In most cases this is one or two days after the planned and actual date of delivery so that the Actual Post Goods Issue date in the system is too late.

For example:

- Sales order / delivery document - scheduled delivery date Monday

- driver picks up the product from the depot and makes delivery to customer on Monday

- driver returns to the depot on Wednesday and the route is settled

- delivery is post goods issued and system updates the delivery with an Actual Post Goods Issue date of Wednesday

Questions:

1. Has anyone had experience in back-dating the PGI date (in the above example we would like to back-date Actual PGI date to Monday)?

2. What issues might this raise (e.g. posting in a closed period, etc.) and how would you overcome them?

3. Anything else to be aware of?

Much appreciated for your assistance.

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day,

You can manually specify what ever date you want to in the Actual Goods issue field on the delivery as long as the posting period is open for that date. Usually you can have two open periods, previous and current so it shouldn't be an issue.

hope that answers some of your questions.

Donna Majewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes you are right. However, let say if I am settling on Monday and the month end falls on the Saturday. If the planned delivery date is Saturday and I backdate it from Monday to Saturday then when I settle my period totals, (inventory and sales) which I may have reported, will be altered.

Is there any easy way to determine the delta from a reporting perspective?

I hope I am clear on my explanation above.

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is something i am not able to comment on. I haven't gotten too much into the various reporting tools for that kind of data in our system. most of our reports are 'Z' reports for that kind of stuff so not real familiar with any of the standards. sorry.

Donna

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try t.code VL06 ->List outbound deliveries button. If this does not satisfy, then you can directly download from LIKP table using t.code SE16.

Regards,