cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ACC on solaris 10 continers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guru's

I am nobody when it comes to SAP, so sorry for my ignorance. I deal more with OS particularly UNIX. My company is contemplating to adopt SAP ACC 7.1 on solaris containers. The SAP guys told me that SAP ACC can move one container to another machine without any interruption to the service. Which was contradictory to the steps that Oracle gives in container move. As per Oracle documentation, when moving containers from one sever to another we need to halt it and then move the files. I was perplexed when SAP guy told me that ACC can manage it without any interruption. Anyways, I dont trust most of the application support guys on the face value. While searching for the clues I ended up on the end of the internet called SAP Market Place. Looks like SAP documentation is not for free. Hence I had to come to this forum to ask this question. If you guru's can help me and provide me with some documentation then it will be a great help.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baba_ji,

From what I understand SAP ACC sees each of the containers/zones as machines (would be the same if they were VMware VMs ,LPARs,LDOMs,vPAR etc) and it does not use the OS container API (eg zoneadm) to move the zone (ie halt/(snap)detach/export/import) the ACC does it itself, moving the appication componets around a number of resorces machines/zones/vm/etc that have the prerequisite environment installed, it does not move the zone per se - it just sees the zones as Solaris machines really

hope that helps a little

Chris

here is a (free) link at oracle, shows the zone setup

http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/sapacc-oracle-virt-wp-182829.pdf

and the sap link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/e6/11e6bee7784cd79bef3095347b225d/content.htm

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Looks like SAP documentation is not for free. Hence I had to come to this forum to ask this question. If you guru's can help me and provide me with some documentation then it will be a great help.

If you use SAP software in your company then there's certainly someone who's able to provide you with the appropriate documentation.

You can start with

Markus