Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture comp controller event n enhancement view - handler not triggered

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enhanced a std WDA component through the enhancement framework. Added a view in the enhancement. This view will be a popup requesting user supplies more details.

Ive enhanced a std component controller method to fire off a component controller event. Ive also created an event handler method in the new view and associated with the component controller event.

Unfortunately the new view method doesnt trigger. If I add an event handler method to one of the std views through the enhancement framework it does trigger.

Grateful for any solution/info, cheers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the new view active at the moment the event is fired ?

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Std view A is the active view when the firing of the event occurs within the component controller. Enhancement view Z is where the event handler method is defined.Defining an event handler method in active view A will be triggered upon component controller event firing, but not event handler method in view Z. Handling within event view Z (not active/displayed) beyond the realms of WDA eventing?

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to confirm before closure, I assume only event handlers of the currently active view will get triggered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are right.