cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We are sharing our planning books to the customers using collabrative planning.

when our customers access selection in their planning book, our users are getting locking issues.(Since same combination cannot be accessed simultaneously in the Demand Planning)

Our customers access their combination at lowest level which is Product and Sold To Party level and Our users plan at region level.

Any design or solution to overcome this problem.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you maintain (/SAPAPO/CLPSDP_USER) the access of each collaborative users on your business. You can maintain each user to either to view or change mode on on collaboration planning...You can check the link below.

[http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=205744]

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brav

Thanks for your reply.Sorry for delay reply.

We have maintained all the settings for collaborative demand planning.

As per my understanding in DP two planners cannot work same time with same characteristic value combination.Please correct me if my understanding is wrong?

In my process we have regional planners and customers.

Example:

One region can have 20 customers, when regional planner works with the region in their planning book at the same time customers assigned to that particular region cannot work simultaneously because of locking conflict.

when customers input in their planning book, regional planners get cvc is locked by user.In our business process some times region and customers have to work simultanously.

If i maintain 2 planning areas then i can overcome this lock problem, but data exchange is restricted till we run copy managment.

I want to know is there any solution to overcome this problem with single planning area?

Regards

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu

You could try a several options -

1.If users are reviewing rather than updating the Planning Book most of the time, train them to change to display mode.

2. Set the user parameter /SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE to value 'I'. Then if the user enters the planning book, the default mode is display.

3. Alternative apporoach to setting user paameter is to implement BADI '/SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT' and set initial mode to display. Refer OSS Note 401830.

4. Before going to two planning areas, see if the two sets of users can work in two different key figures (planning area should have key figure specific locking) or two different planning versions.

5. Ensure that selections are defined as narrowly as possible especially if updates are performed (See if you can have different selections for update and display). I understand this may be difficult in your scenario.

RIshi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishi

Thanks for quick reply.

I can opt another solution instead of taking 2 Planning Areas. We can have two versions 001 for collaborative Planning customers and 000 for Regional planning purpose.

Customers will input their demand in 001 version and i will take 001 version key figure in region planning books.this solves my issue.

since we plan to 2 keyfigures for customer forecast keyfigure and Region forecast keyfigure.

I think lock conflict can resolved by taking 2 versions.Please give your suggession.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu

If you have two seperate key figures, then you probably dont need two versions as long as Key figure specific lock is set in the planning area. In the SAP help look under 'Technical Aspects of Demand Planning' --> Locking in Demand Planning.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/ed/f061c18ddd79448c49064f0e645725/frameset.htm

Try out different options of Detailed Locking/ Key figure specific locking. If that doesnt meet your needs then go for two versions. But in this case you will probably still need to copy data from 001 to 000 version at some point.

Rishi Menon