Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Remote Systems

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

In a MDC scenario, I have 3 ERP system each having 5 clients in it, I would like to consolidate using SAP MDM.

I prefer to create remote systems and extract the records from ERP system for each client. In that case there would be (3*5)15 remote systems which has to be created, But just want to know if my approach is right or can we optimize it in a better manner?

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please go through below link

let me know if it helped

Thanks and Regards

Praful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Bala,

You are right. We need to have 15 remote systems because data will be client dependant hence technically will be diffrent in each client. I guess that's the right approach you are taking

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have 3 ERP system each having 5 clients in it

I doubt if the different clients for same ERP system will have different data. Data in SAP ERP system is usually not client dependant. It is client independant. so all these 5 clients should have same data.

If my above statement is true, you can simply create 3 remote systems in MDM and when you import data, populate required Remote System-Remote Key for them.

If you have different data in different clients, then i guess you have no other than, you have to create as many Remote systems in MDM as many distinct data sources you have.

Thanks

Aamir