SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic Profile Header creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create synthetic profile using FM ISU_S_PROFHEAD_CREATE but its giving error 'Save profile header before maintaining synthetic profile values'.

Would like to know is this the correct FM to create synthetic profile and how to use the same?

I tried the BDC recording method also. Where I am creating the first Tab(General Tab) in Create mode (using Tcode EEDM06).

Then changing the profile created (using EEDM07) and updating the second Tab(Details Tab) of the profile.

When I enter the season group and day group and press enter it shows the tree structure, but through SHDB I am not able to record selection of a particular value under a tree, for which I have to allocate a profile.

Is there any other way to upload the data of Synthetic profile??

Thanks,

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe ISU_S_PROFHEAD_CREATE is just for elementary profiles.

What you could try is to use an Excel script. In your SAP GUI press ALT+F12, then choose Script Recording and Playback.

Record the actions you do to create a synthetic profile.

This will generate an Excel sheet with a macro recorded. Adjust the Macro in VB scripting so to use values from your Excel worksheet (profiles to be used in the synthetic profile). After adjusting to your needs just execute the macro and you will see your script running the required actions.

I think this should be possible, but haven't tried myself. I used to configure them manually in the past.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe ISU_S_PROFHEAD_CREATE is just for elementary profiles.

What you could try is to use an Excel script. In your SAP GUI press ALT+F12, then choose Script Recording and Playback.

Record the actions you do to create a synthetic profile.

This will generate an Excel sheet with a macro recorded. Adjust the Macro in VB scripting so to use values from your Excel worksheet (profiles to be used in the synthetic profile). After adjusting to your needs just execute the macro and you will see your script running the required actions.

I think this should be possible, but haven't tried myself. I used to configure them manually in the past.

0 Kudos

Hi Evolderen,

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to upload the synthetic profile headers through GUI Scripts.

Thanks,

Kumar