cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make fields as mandatory on create shopping cart txn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a config available to define certain input fields on the create shopping cart txn as mandatory ? Requirement is to have a check in place to ensure all these fields are filled with valid values before the SC is saved.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Config available. Have to go back to old solution of implementing DOC_CHECK_BADI.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at IMG customizing.

SRM -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extension and Field Control (Personalization)

-> Configure Field Control

You can set field as required.

For checking valid value, you can use BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI or DDIC domain value or check table.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki ,

I have tried to use this option earlier, but this just does not work ! We have a custom attribute which is required as a mandatory field. I made this as 'Required Field' using customization. By using this config, I do see an 'asterix' mark next to our custom field (which denotes a mandatory field) , however there is no error if I do not provide a value in that field.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds like a bug but still you can use BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Regards,

Masa

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you mark the field as "required", it will make appear just the "star" icon, indicating that this is a mandatory field.

To check if there is a value iformed, you must implement the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Just the "required" setting won't do the field validation.

Regards

Ricardo