Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding TabPage to (FPM) Standard ABAP Webdynpro Application

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i'm beginning with ABAP webdynpro so i have been investigating tutorials and documentation about this and i created some sample programs for show Z tables or things like that.

But my requirement is modificate the Standard Application 'Course Registration' of Student Lifecycle Management module ; this application has 3 Standard TapPages , one of these TabPages shows the courses to be booked and i need to add another new TabPage in order to show the courses to be booked divided for some criteria in the original TabPage and the new TabPage , the new TabPage must have the same functionality of original Tabpage. Something like enhance Standard program with Screen Exit and Badis in ABAP.

I was investigated and now i know we can enhance Standard WD Component like deleting UI elements, enhance methods or add view/windows ; but the 'Course Registration' is a FPM application so i found a tutorial cookbook configuration for this application and it explains we can add TabPages (MainViews) or SubTabPages (Subviews) like i need ; but the tutorial only mentions the 3 original standard TabPages because all is related with already existing configurations for each component ; In FPM framework configuration for the component if i press the 'Add View' button it adds a TabPage like i want, but i really do not know if it works for add a new 'Z' TabPage.

Can somebody please help me about how can i add a TabPage to Standard Webdynpro Application for application wich uses FPM framework ? Where can i investigate about this ?

Excuse me for long thread , any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

The WD component is FPM_OIF_COMPONENT , wich i need to add the TabPage .

Any help will be appreciated

Best Regards

Frank

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

FPM_OIF_COMPONENT is the standard component for all Objec instance framework FPM components.

Whenever an OIF FPM application is created , we create application with interface window as FPM_WINDOW and component as FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.

What you can do is check the application, got to the application configuration, in that go to component configuration and do the necessary modifications to add a new tab page.

Regards,

Madhu

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu

Please let me give detail ; I just go to desired Application PIQ_MBSS_OIF , Configuration PIQAC_MBSS_OIF ; the configuration shows its two component configurations for Header IDR (FPM_IDR_COMPONENT) and floor plan specific (FPM_OIF_COMPONENT).

In WD Component FMP_OIF_COMPONENT with standard configuration PIQCC_MBSS_OIF i see the tree Satndard TabPages created , one of these Tabpage is wich i need to divide in two Tabpages ; in this Standard TabPage i see its required UIBBs with each standard UIBB configuration (ie. FPM_LIST_UIBB with configuration PIQCC_MBSS_BCART_LIST for the table list).

Here is where i really do not know if my requirement can be made by just using FPM framework configurations : can i copy Standard Configuration for FMP_OIF_COMPONENT , add the new Tabpage , save it with new 'Z' configuration , and it will work ok in the Standard Application ? For add the Tabpage i should then add configurations for the UIBBs wich compose the TabPage (FPM_LIST_UIBB , FPM_TABBED_UIBB and PIQUIBB_POPUP_AGENT ) , is this right ?

I hope the explanation is clear ; any orientation will be helpfull.

Best Regards

Frank

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Pleas excuse me, where you see 'tree' word ; i refer 'three'.

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are on a right track on thinking to copy the existing configuration and modify the UIBB's as you wish but then you need to refer the new configuration to the application. Otherwise how would the application know to pick up the configuration.

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskaran

My main concern is know wich way i must to use for make my requirement for modify the Standard WD application.

So i will try to make it by using FPM configuration by copying the configurations for FPM_OIF_COMPONENT and related UIBBs (FPM_LIST_UIBB, FPM_TABBED_UIBB, etc.).

Best Regards

Frank

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

I made this by copy standard configurations, add tab pages in FPM_OIF_COMPONENT and enhance some UIBB List feeder class. For test configurations, give in standard/z_copy configuration right-click ans test.

Thanks & Regards

Frank

Answers (0)